OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
marcus

Ft Myers trip ideas

Headed 2 ft Myers last week of feb.....any recommendations on where 2 fish....what guides 2 use.....wherw 2 fish from the bank when im not with a guide....any info will help at this point i dont know where 2 start what 2 fish for....dont wanna catch anything i can catch in missouri

I love that place but have not been down there in several years. I love catching snook never used a guide but some of the causways when the tide is running is pretty good. My son goes down to the Tallahasse area evey year and surf fishes for sharks with spoons at night. You can expect thrills like you will never get up here. He has caught them to 7 foot. He has also had big spinning reels stripped of all the line a few times.  Sharks do not stop fighing after you land them. Nasty things to unhook. They can spin around and take a chunk out off you real fast. He got his shins skinned up real good this year from one that slapping him with its tale. If you want to go out on with a guide on a boat take plenty of money.