How tough are you?

IL Fisherman

I forget how cold it was a few years back, but I went out to Busch and caught a few fish ice fishing. It was pretty cool. This cold spell I haven't been able to do anything cause I've been down with a cold or flu or something, since early last week, alongside a really annoying ear infection. It's really getting old. When I get over this, I'm looking forward to heading back out. I think had I been at full strength, as long as there's no wind, I would've tried my luck even in this weather for at least a few hours on a couple occasions. But with some serious wind, forget it. That stuff just drains the energy right out of me.

2 hours ago, bluebasser86 said:

Buddy and I went out on his birthday Tuesday closer to home. Barely made it over 20 and was below freezing when we launched. We made it count though.

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, sky, outdoor, water and natureImage may contain: 1 person, smiling, standing, child, outdoor, water and natureImage may contain: sky, child, outdoor, water and nature

TUE 1/2

Actual Temp

22° /-1°

Those are very nice winter bass. You made the right decision to tough out the cold. Congrats!

i want everyone to take notice of what else is going on in those pictures.  did anyone notice that in everyone, they are fishing a SHADED bank.  most folks do not fish an area that provides a shade layer for the bass to stay in for better ambush advantage.  the spring is about the only time that fishing a sunny bank is of advantage.

a very good rule of thumb that i have followed over the years is to fish with the sun in my face.  in doing that, you will most often be fishing underneath an edge that creates a shade layer of some kind.

awesome bass guys!!

bo

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 10:30 PM, Gavin said:

The vagisil is in aisle 13.

It has nothing to do with that.  It is metabolism.  If I am moving I am fine and don't feel the age.  But if I am not moving the resting metabolism drops and I get awful cold.

34 minutes ago, merc1997 said:

i want everyone to take notice of what else is going on in those pictures.  did anyone notice that in everyone, they are fishing a SHADED bank.  most folks do not fish an area that provides a shade layer for the bass to stay in for better ambush advantage.  the spring is about the only time that fishing a sunny bank is of advantage.

a very good rule of thumb that i have followed over the years is to fish with the sun in my face.  in doing that, you will most often be fishing underneath an edge that creates a shade layer of some kind.

awesome bass guys!!

bo

You learn that pretty quick when fishing for walleye too. The shadow cast from a boat slip works great too even when fishing deep tree tops....OK that's enough, time to be quiet.  I probably just should have said "I noticed that too."