When in Mexico

Ham

1 hour ago, Ham said:

So, did get to drag some Ballyhoo around for 3 hours. The boat caught a cuda. I caught nothing. 

Great snorkeling / diving in the Pass de Cozumel.

ill post the guys info later. Guys were pros. I felt very safe. Saw a lot of fish. 

Just think what you could have done with a Barbi zebco rod and reel and a little squid while snorkelling☺.

3/4 's of the shoreline is natural park with NO FISHING and the reefs are all off limits to fishing as well. 

😢

Every Saint has a past, every Sinner has a future. On Instagram @hamneedstofish

That must mean that people were cleaning out any and all fish that they caught. I'll admit though drastic it's probably better for the diversity on the reef. Does make for a better snorkelling and diving experience.

47 minutes ago, Ham said:

3/4 's of the shoreline is natural park with NO FISHING and the reefs are all off limits to fishing as well. 

😢

You should have gone backcountry fishing.  Bones tarpon and if you really wanted one....snook.  They would have picked you up by boat at your resort and you would be fishing in a hour.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2018 at 6:04 PM, KCRIVERRAT said:

I will do that.

We'll be at the Grand Bahia Princepe Coba. Grand Bahia Princepe Akumal and Tulum are sister properties all in the same area. The six of us in our group are going deep sea fishing and are also gonna do some shore fishing while we're there. Would like some Dorado and Tuna. But I'd take this...

1004.JPG

HUMAN RELATIONS MANAGER @ OZARK FISHING EXPEDITIONS

You will LOVE it- we stayed at Coba with our daughter last Feb.  Normally stay on the Adult side (Si'an Kaan) but with her we tried Coba.  Building was right by the water park,  close to the tram route and a quick walk even with bad knees to the buffet.

Make sure to ride around and see the other properties.  You can use any of the facilities at Tulum (beach, bars, buffets) but Akumal and Si'an Kaan aren't included.  Still fun to go look at them..

Make your A La Carte reservations when you get there first thing, choices can get limited quickly.  Though the food is good and service is good to great at the buffets.  Same with the bars, they will make anything you can come up with.  Beer choices are limited (Dos Equis & Tecate if i remember correctly) but you can go in to town and get anything you want to keep in your room.  A few dollars tip here and there and they will find you when you go to eat or order drinks :)

Send me a PM if you have any questions, I don't want to bore everyone on here with resort specific details.