Fish Finders Again....

Stump bumper

I am a Hummingbird fan, but I just got the Cabela's sale email for the new year and here is the Lowrance  Hooks 2 7X triple shot for $400. That is a 7 inch screen, down image, side image and GPS with 3,000 lakes pre loaded .

That just sounds like fish finders are finally getting reasonable. Anyone have any feed back on these new units?

I' told the average lifespan for a Lowrance unit is around 3yrs or less.  Mine are 3yrs old and I sure hope they don't go out like some friends of mine.  Unfortunate luck and out of warranty.  Lowrance was of no help when called either.  For the repair fee, you could buy another.  

I'm slowly becoming a Bird fan myself. Their new sidescan is better also. 

Need marine repair? Send our own forum friend "fishinwrench" a message. 

He will treat you like family!!! I owe fishinwrench a lot of thanks. He has been a great mechanic with lots of patience!

I guess mine may be the exception then.  I have been using Lowrance units for over 20 years.  I use them till I want a new one then sell them and buy more.  I've never had one quit working on me and friends who have bought mine are still using them.

The touch screen models have had issues.  Mine are the Gen 2 so I still have buttons. I chose buttons for that very reason and saved money. 

Always exceptions. Not saying all Lowrance kits are bad.  I've been a Lowrance guy for many Years.  I've heard some recent issues that have me questioning along with my own experience with their customer support. 

Need marine repair? Send our own forum friend "fishinwrench" a message. 

He will treat you like family!!! I owe fishinwrench a lot of thanks. He has been a great mechanic with lots of patience!

I have a helix 7DI on the bow and been looking at helix 7 si gps for console, but i see some pretty good deals on garmins popping up now also.

I know everything about nothing and know nothing about everything!

Bruce Philips

16 minutes ago, Stump bumper said:

I am wondering if this is a mistake ? Bass Pro has the same unit for $599 but Cabela's is showing a reg price of $399?
http://www.cabelas.com/product/LOWRANCE-HOOK-X-GPS-TRIPLESHOT/2655252.uts?WT.tsrc=EML&eid=34297990&WT.mc_id=email-mt|EP20171231|EPP9LS1|32|PROD2

That's just sonar gps...no down scan or side scan..

Bruce Philips

24 minutes ago, 176champion said:

That's just sonar gps...no down scan or side scan..

In the description it list down scan and side scan that is what makes it a triple shot. 

Lowrance

Lowrance® Hook2 7x TripleShot™ Sonar/GPS Combo

• 7” SolarMAX display for better viewing
    • One-touch access to key features
    • TripleShot 3-in-1 sonar with broadband, SideScan and DownScan Imaging
Powered by proven Lowrance performance, the Hook2 7x TripleShot Sonar/GPS Combo is the world's easiest fish finder. Easy access to key functions, simple menus and auto-tuning sonar. TripleShot 3-in-1 sonar includes wide-angle, broadband coverage, SideScan and DownScan Imaging™. Simple, accurate GPS plotter shows your location. The 7” SolarMAX™ display allows for superior viewing in bright sunlight. It simplifies finding fish with double the sonar coverage of traditional fish finders. Optimized keypad with one-touch access to key features. Easy front-dash or gimbal bracket mount. 

9 minutes ago, Stump bumper said:

In the description it list down scan and side scan that is what makes it a triple shot. 

Lowrance

Lowrance® Hook2 7x TripleShot™ Sonar/GPS Combo

• 7” SolarMAX display for better viewing
    • One-touch access to key features
    • TripleShot 3-in-1 sonar with broadband, SideScan and DownScan Imaging
Powered by proven Lowrance performance, the Hook2 7x TripleShot Sonar/GPS Combo is the world's easiest fish finder. Easy access to key functions, simple menus and auto-tuning sonar. TripleShot 3-in-1 sonar includes wide-angle, broadband coverage, SideScan and DownScan Imaging™. Simple, accurate GPS plotter shows your location. The 7” SolarMAX™ display allows for superior viewing in bright sunlight. It simplifies finding fish with double the sonar coverage of traditional fish finders. Optimized keypad with one-touch access to key features. Easy front-dash or gimbal bracket mount. 

Awww i missed that sorry...

Bruce Philips