I'm definitely in favor !

fishinwrench

1 minute ago, nomolites said:

X2

Unfortunately, I think the opposing lobby may have more $$$...this dog ain’t gonna hunt.

Mike

That was my initial thought too, but nobody can deny that the time to do SOMETHING has arrived.   They're gonna have to come to terms with something pretty darn quick.  

There is one consequence of this particular set of new rules that I bet nobody is thinking about.   Such as it would make the upper Gravois (above the neckdown at Mill Creek.) an idle only area for boats over 26'.     Lots of big boats live above there, and those folks are gonna have a poop himmorage if they have to idle 5-8 miles whenever they leave or come back to their dock.  :lol:

pffttt, $25 fine ain't gonna have much impact

But it is a long long way from becoming law. Even when it is law the owners of big boats can prevent the petitions from passing.

I'm in favor no wake no matter where and no matter how small the boat. Not just on that lake but all the lakes. How much chance of that happening?

12 minutes ago, tjm said:

pffttt, $25 fine ain't gonna have much impact

Are you kidding?   You should hear how loud they squeal about having to pay 1.00 for a bottle of water at Coconut's ! 

They are too cheap to tip the dock hands and waitresses, and they peruse Facebook everyday to see whose gas is cheapest, so I'm betting that a 25.00 wake-ticket would totally ruin their day.

4 hours ago, fishinwrench said:

Are you kidding?   You should hear how loud they squeal about having to pay 1.00 for a bottle of water at Coconut's ! 

They are too cheap to tip the dock hands and waitresses, and they peruse Facebook everyday to see whose gas is cheapest, so I'm betting that a 25.00 wake-ticket would totally ruin their day.

If you gotta worry about the cost of feeding it perhaps you should scale down...

Mike

Trust me, nobody is gonna do anything to elicit a stop. It ain't about the 25 bucks.  If this bill passes then everybody is gonna know that operating above idle speed is gonna be probable cause for a stop.  And once stopped you and your crew are subject to a shakedown.   I challenge you to find a single party boat or wake boat without weed, coke, crank, or molly's AND A FIREARM onboard.

There won't be many wake violators, I promise ya.

Many of the big boats here are coast guard registered vessels, people do that to save huge on taxes, stupidly, but most don't read the fine print that says if you're operating a CG registered vessel with illegal drugs onboard it is a federal offense.  They keep those arrests out of the "news" because they love to surprise folks with that one.  

5 hours ago, fishinwrench said:

There won't be many wake violators, I promise ya.

You do know where you're talking about, right? Don't get me wrong I hope the bill passes and makes an impact, but they wouldn't have made a Netflix series out of the place if people were good at obeying the law there :lol:

They might be lousy at obeying the law, but most are pretty good at not getting busted.  

All it takes is someone with a cell phone video of you plowing through a no-wake area, and you're gonna get located and interrupted eventually.  Better hope all of your ducks are in a row when you do.

I don't recall a single person going to jail in that movie.