Strange freeze

Old plug

I have been on this lake through during several freezes. this one is the strangest I have ever seen. this morning when I got up the lake was frozen out from my dock about 50 yards where I live almost on the channel. I a, flabbergasted it did not freeze over the last cold spell. before this morning there was no ice bank to bank in my lake area. now with a slight wave ripple it was virtually been eliminated it all the way back to the dock and appears as if is going to clear it all out. This in face of  a 3 pm afternoon temp 8 degrees. All I can think of is this late fall warmth mist have had a awful lot of impact on the  thin knees of that warm upper layer.

Yep, just went and checked it, it froze over as far as I can see, past Mill cr. for sure. IMG_20180117_131931487~2.jpg

In case you're wondering how deep the ice is..... here's a chunk from 40' off the shoreline over a 6 ft. deep flat. Over 10" IMG_20180117_130952587~2.jpg

No fish were caught ;)

Lots of creepy moaning and groaning noises coming from under the ice. 

If your  thinking about wondering around out there on it THINK TWICE. I have seen 6 inches several times on this lake but I would not dare go out on it.  Warn Warner from ground melt snow or sain Shang other things goe down into the ground and eventually being Warner comes up in the lake under the ice wArming spots here and there that you do not see but they are thin enough for you to  go through. that is up by you wrench. Bet it is 3" up there that's fern frozen a few days. 

No doubt it will if they do not have a good deicerMine clears the water all round my double stall dock. I am very thankful the Ice has not gotten very thick around here. We got a  warm up coming should break it up before it get to the thickness were it is a terror if you are the wind direction line at the time when the ice flows start moving. That is when the real bad damage comes including the anchors in the sea wall also