Fizzing instructions from BASS

Basfis

No one should ever, EVER fill their livewells with tap water. You've got chlorine, fluoride and Lord knows what else in there. Well water could be just as bad or worse. Like Bo said, get to the lake early enough to get your livewells situated. This is important in hot weather regardless of whether you catch them 1 or 100 feet deep.

I doubt there are any here on the forum who fit into this category, but those who can't spare a few minutes to take care of "their" fish should just stay home. Because they aren't THEIR fish at all. They are OUR fish so we ALL have a stake in how they are treated. 

ClassActionTransparent.png

3 hours ago, merc1997 said:

no, it means arrive at the lake early enough to get the livewells prepared before takeoff.  some of us have access to spring water or water from the creek.  it is simply a matter of whether you care enough about the sport to protect the resources.

bo

The last sentence is an unnecessary and unfounded accusation. It’s been a very long time since I’ve had a fish expire in a tournament. U filling your livewell to fish at home is only one way to protect a resource. I have insulated oxygenating livewells. Temp and pressure are two different things, just physics, not my rule.  

I simply shared a video that articulated another. 

There really isnt an excuse for a dead fish unless it got hooked to deep.  In 3 years of doing tournaments with my little tracker live well i still have never lost a fish. Little bit of ice, and fill the well at takeoff.  Its amazing how a few degrees in surface temp later in the day matter.  I always throw some gjuice in too.       I also crappie and walleye fish and after i have those in my livewell all day and get home some are about dead.   I always take peroxide and a scrub brush and get all there nasty slime out before i do a bass tourney 

3 hours ago, Basfis said:

The last sentence is an unnecessary and unfounded accusation. It’s been a very long time since I’ve had a fish expire in a tournament. U filling your livewell to fish at home is only one way to protect a resource. I have insulated oxygenating livewells. Temp and pressure are two different things, just physics, not my rule.  

I simply shared a video that articulated another. 

i was not directing my remarks to you directly, but to the tournament competitors that you referenced in not being able to fill up before they left home.  i am also pointing out that temp is a safer way to deal with bends rather than fizzing.  it is less intrusive and many bass are killed because of the needle being stuck in the wrong place.  plus, you are handling the bass all the while they are being needled.

sorry for not articulating my meaning better.

bo

• Members

Seems like once a month that this issue comes up. Why are we always bashing tourny fisherman? Cause they are an easy target. You pleaser fisherman can not tell me that you have not ever killed a fish by a deep hook set. Many of the tourny fisherman go beyond to keep their fish healthy. Plus we try to educate rather than complain. Yes there are some bad apples in the tree. But it goes both ways. Merc is trying to help people keep fish healthy. He is helping rather than complaining about tournys. Tournament fishing is not going away. So lets help educate rather than complain. 

• Members

If there is something that needs to be complained about, lets start at the beginning. What keeps the  fish thriving? GOOD WATER CONDITIONS. Table Rock is getting so much like the Lake of the Ozarks. Big boats, human trash along the bank including dock parts, and all the dirty nasty water that comes from the James that Springfield provides. Also, the next time you see that ugly green moss and alga running down from the top of a bluff,       LOOK UP !!!!!!      I bet you will see a house or someones septic tank not working right. Someone tell me how rocks can obsorb  laterall  line runoff.  These issues are just as important  (if not more) to many off us.  But harder to do anything about.  

There are few of us on this form compared to how many fish Table Rock. So, just like a teacher of a classroom,. If each of us on this form could educate a handful of fisherman on how to take care of fish,  it will spiro to others. That we can do something about.  Just my opinion.

Just now, slowbait said:

Like i said, its just my opinion, I maybe wrong

Sorry I was just giving you a hard time. I see the smaller creeks around town everyday and the trash that is in them. Plus all the runoff form the yards and the golf courses that make its way into the James. And then there is the water from the wastewater treatment plants. I'm sure it's anything but good. But the James is still a beautiful river that is full of quality fish. I don't think the water in it is much different than water from the other creeks and rivers entering Table Rock. But if everybody wants to stay the hell away from it then that's fine by me too! :)

• Members

You are absolutely right. The river is a great place to fish. No you can't have it to yourself. lol     I just thought I would change the subject cause I for one get tiered of seeing tournys getting bashed all the time. The James does seem to hold bigger fish though.