Jump to content
OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
ness

2018 Garden Thread

Recommended Posts

My garden last year was pretty simple.  I put it in and it did its thing without any help from me, no weeding, pruning, watering, or even picking.  Wife mowed the yard and picked the garden.

Today, I dug up 2 five gallon buckets of strawberry plants that run out of the cells in the concrete blocks into the main bed and made fresh plants.  I just let them run last year because I did not feel like trying to keep them out.  So, I have a bunch of new plants.  I transplanted new sets into my 2 strawberry beds today. 

Then I turned over both beds with a shovel, added more dirt, then planted spring garden.

Snow peas, lettuce, and spinach are in the ground.  Spring garden 2018 is off and running.

IMG_20180304_165911.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought about getting some seed ordered...maybe.. in about a month.  Sucks to be a northerner.

That said the house I'm flipping now came with a dozen new windows that I'm not going to use in the house.  Planning to take half a dozen to build a "year round" greenhouse this year for next winter.  2x6 walls, R19 insulation, new double pane windows and water barrel heat retention - maybe with a heat recirculator pump up to a heat exchanger near the roof.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Stein said:

I thought about getting some seed ordered...maybe.. in about a month.  Sucks to be a northerner.

That said the house I'm flipping now came with a dozen new windows that I'm not going to use in the house.  Planning to take half a dozen to build a "year round" greenhouse this year for next winter.  2x6 walls, R19 insulation, new double pane windows and water barrel heat retention - maybe with a heat recirculator pump up to a heat exchanger near the roof.

I want a greenhouse.  You can build yours on my place and I won't even charge you any rent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Terrierman said:

I want a greenhouse.  You can build yours on my place and I won't even charge you any rent.

I want  a wood boat.  You can build yours on anybody's place and i won't charge you any rent.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Stein said:

I thought about getting some seed ordered...maybe.. in about a month.  Sucks to be a northerner.

That said the house I'm flipping now came with a dozen new windows that I'm not going to use in the house.  Planning to take half a dozen to build a "year round" greenhouse this year for next winter.  2x6 walls, R19 insulation, new double pane windows and water barrel heat retention - maybe with a heat recirculator pump up to a heat exchanger near the roof.

             The way you build it would be the deluxe model I am sure. If you don't like the locations from the guys above I will give you a third option :),

BilletHead 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

             Finally getting on board for this garden season,

  We are so ready for some good produce. Both big raised beds have been turned. One of those beds has covers and is warming up. A bunch of the tubs have been moved and area raked smooth. Bought a pallet of cypress mulch and a new layer put down where tubs should be. Have lettuce up in one starting tray,

thumbnail_0306180744[1].jpg    Just finished up seeding another with diferent lettuce and a few tomato seeds,thumbnail_0306180745[1].jpg   

  BilletHead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BilletHead said:

             Finally getting on board for this garden season,

  We are so ready for some good produce. Both big raised beds have been turned. One of those beds has covers and is warming up. A bunch of the tubs have been moved and area raked smooth. Bought a pallet of cypress mulch and a new layer put down where tubs should be. Have lettuce up in one starting tray,

thumbnail_0306180744[1].jpg    Just finished up seeding another with diferent lettuce and a few tomato seeds,thumbnail_0306180745[1].jpg   

  BilletHead

Look at those puny little things! 😄

8AE924CC-5FCF-428E-AA99-73CCE428FAB6.jpeg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.