Favorite spinning line

Mississippi Man

1 hour ago, Travis Swift said:

I use the SOS 2 pound trout line and i like if so much I bought the 10, 400 yard spool.  Its tough, sensitive and cheap and its the best I've ever used.  Heck i watched my brother catch a 6 pound bass on that 2 pound SOS line here in kansas and it had been on his reel for 3 years!

Pline CX Premium in 2# has a diameter of 0.11mm  where as the SOS line in 2# has a diameter of 0.16mm, which is the same as the diameter of 4# Pline CX Premium. For $2 more, you can buy 300 yards of line with the same diameter and twice the breaking strength.

You are on it Seth. Seaguar fly rod tippets beat that in terms of diameter and strength and more consistant in terms of diameter, usually true to spec. A good digital dial caliper will tell you that most fishing lines are over spec from whatever they advertise on the package.

9 hours ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

I just bought 20 pound suffix braid for my medium spin rod. Tied on the 6 pound flouro leader with an Alberto and can’t break it.  

I could break it. 

Every Saint has a past, every Sinner has a future. On Instagram @hamneedstofish

I can't say I have mastered the Nanofil knots but I havent died yet either.  So far they seem to he holding well.  I will hopefully give them a good testing this spring/summer.  After watching the video of the FG knot I know I am not capable of of tying that ine.  I get confused as to which one I am tying but I think it's the albertoto attach my mono leaders to the Nano, but I certainly don't get it right every time, sometimes it breaks and the mice etc. In my boat barn learn new words.

Practice tying the FG on the couch while you are watching TV. It took me a few times to get it down, but once I did, I found it easier than the Alberto knot. I can't tie it nearly as fast a double Uni so if I have to retire my leader while fishing, I will just use the double UNI and retie with the FG at home and before I go fishing again.

1 minute ago, Seth said:

Practice tying the FG on the couch while you are watching TV. It took me a few times to get it down, but once I did, I found it easier than the Alberto knot. I can't tie it nearly as fast a double Uni so if I have to retire my leader while fishing, I will just use the double UNI and retire with the FG at home and before I go fishing again.

Great now I have a challenge to try.

8 minutes ago, Seth said:

Practice tying the FG on the couch while you are watching TV. It took me a few times to get it down, but once I did, I found it easier than the Alberto knot. I can't tie it nearly as fast a double Uni so if I have to retire my leader while fishing, I will just use the double UNI and retie with the FG at home and before I go fishing again.

I can tie it no problem.  Always breaks at the knot.