OzarkAnglers.Com Forum

I’ll never forget my first boat and moter I rigged up back in the early 90s, a 1963 sears and Roebuck V bottom and my grandpas old 1964 Johnson.  Later I upgraded to a 68 20hp mercury.  They were crude but I was as excited to have them as what I have now. 

I found a used blazer several years ago and fell in love with the boat, when the seats and carpet needed replaced and also was Interested in repowering, my dealer shot me a deal on a whole new setup and I decided to go that route.   This time I had the outside painted in an attempt to keep it clean easier, we will see, I can be hard on a boat.  Had a dealer in poplar bluff build this  one, they did a superb job!   I went with the HO version Etec 60/40 to handle the weight better!  My old etec would push Round 27mph, got this one up to 35  not worried bout speed but planing out a load and having 3 guys in boat.   

Thinking bout those old days and cranking on those old moters that wouldn’t always start, feel blessed to have a new rig!  Hope to make some good memories in this one.  

I do still have the old sears boat, I trailered it all over and it got to leaking bad round the rivots when I retired it.  That will be a restoration project someday! 

8F41A616-6A09-4931-B685-3F9CF70BBE22.jpeg

F6CE354D-C217-4D7C-BBCB-E0047A35E5B5.jpeg

454FCDC8-BF45-490C-9FB6-5010F0BA17D1.jpeg

1B15A957-4B65-4316-86B9-FBFB6D6ED022.jpeg

Just now, LittleRedFisherman said:

1963 sears and Roebuck V bottom and my grandpas old 1964 Johnson

Mine was a Sears 64 semi v  with granddads 9.9 Evinrude.  I still have and use the motor. Boat was stolen in the 90's.  I caught my biggest Northern Pike the day Elvis died in that boat.  Rocky Island Lake area, Canada.   48+ (grandmas quilt tape)    Still have marks from teeth  I was 14/15.

My first boat was a 14 foot aluminum bateau. I used it a while with just a bow mount TM, but eventually got a 15 HP Yamaha pull start (it was rated for a 10 HP).

i caught 1000’s of fish in it BEFORE I bought my Stratos 279VF with a evinrude intruder 150 HP. I caught a pile of fish in it including my PB LMB. 

Then my Skeeter Aluminum which failed and was replaced under warranty with a G3 HP 180.

now I’m in the BassCat or the Supreme or the Old Town or the Coosa or the Tarpon. It gets confusing. 

Nice setup! I ended up going with the black/orange decals on my current boat, but was thinking real hard of going the black/green like you did. That Etec will treat you right! Mine have been fantastic! Whether it's -10 or 110, they fire right off as soon as you turn the key.

2 hours ago, Seth said:

Nice setup! I ended up going with the black/orange decals on my current boat, but was thinking real hard of going the black/green like you did. That Etec will treat you right! Mine have been fantastic! Whether it's -10 or 110, they fire right off as soon as you turn the key.

Post up some pictures of your boat please