Jump to content
OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
merc1997

dink fest in the mud

Recommended Posts

Has anyone else thrown the 6th Sense Curve 55 yet?  I tried it a bit this winter, but never when there was a strong crankbait bite.

From what Bo is describing, it might be a similar bait.  Didn't seem to have the wide, pronounced wobble of the wart, and didn't seem to get quite as deep.  It certainly looks similar.....

Not enough time to order the Iovino's for the weekend, so I'll report back. :)

Untitled.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Champ188 said:

I had the same thing happen last week with the crank bait dinks until I went back with a spinnerbait and slowed it down. Size and keeper ratio improved considerably.

What color blades are you throwing in that super muddy water?  I picked up a double colorado blade War Eagle the other night thinking it just might be the ticket right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Royal Blue said:

What color blades are you throwing in that super muddy water?  I picked up a double colorado blade War Eagle the other night thinking it just might be the ticket right now.

You can use a black night time spinner bait with a big Colorado blade. Also white and chartreuse with gold willow and red kicker Colorado , Cole Slaw with same combo or with a combo of gold,red or white blades. IMO. Something bright or something dark should work. I’m sure there are many combos that work. Or you could try a bladed jig. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Things change quickly, but was this bite main lake? Swings? Transitions? Points?

Aldo, if anyone has been around cape fair since the rain, is it log jam city or runnable? 

Thanks to all, great resource here to help the hopelessly lost such as i!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, nhornback said:

Things change quickly, but was this bite main lake? Swings? Transitions? Points?

Aldo, if anyone has been around cape fair since the rain, is it log jam city or runnable? 

Thanks to all, great resource here to help the hopelessly lost such as i!

I live across from Cape and it's' not bad. Still a few floaters and you should use some caution. Most of everything is pushed up to the banks now. I haven't been out but see people running up and down by my place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Royal Blue said:

What color blades are you throwing in that super muddy water?  I picked up a double colorado blade War Eagle the other night thinking it just might be the ticket right now.

PM sent, Royal Blue. This post has been up less than 48 hours and has had 1,077 views vs. 14 replies. So for every 78 people who have viewed it, only one has left a comment. Therein lies the reason I provide only general information these days. Yeah, it's derby season. If you want to know more and are an OAF member, PM me and I'll elaborate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess Internet research is an important part of derby preparation, and Lord knows I've learned a lot from lurking on here over the years, but I've found my real knowledge of fishing (and life for that matter) has been gained from relationships with other fishermen who are better than I am.  If you are just lurking on here, and not taking the time to occasionally post, share information, and cultivate relationships with the many stellar anglers and all around good folks on here, you are missing the most valuable part of OAF. There are some really friendly folks here, who will enrich your life in ways that just internet dock talk won't. 

 

p.s. 

Share info on water color/temps etc even if you skunk it up. Guys may just pm ya with ideas about what you were doing wrong...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, mixermarkb said:

I guess Internet research is an important part of derby preparation, and Lord knows I've learned a lot from lurking on here over the years, but I've found my real knowledge of fishing (and life for that matter) has been gained from relationships with other fishermen who are better than I am.  If you are just lurking on here, and not taking the time to occasionally post, share information, and cultivate relationships with the many stellar anglers and all around good folks on here, you are missing the most valuable part of OAF. There are some really friendly folks here, who will enrich your life in ways that just internet dock talk won't. 

 

p.s. 

Share info on water color/temps etc even if you skunk it up. Guys may just pm ya with ideas about what you were doing wrong...

Well said, Mark. Some of my closest friends are the result of being an OAF member and I've learned SO MUCH from them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like I picked the wrong body of water.  I flipped a coin on Wednesday between Table Rock and Stockton and ended up at Stockton.  Was hoping for a crank or spinnerbait bite but that was not in the cards there.  Water there was dirty but not terrible, but, did not get a bite in any of the brown water.  Went north to some cleaner water and managed 8 fish, with 4 keepers.  Wednesday was a beautiful day and I did catch some fish so I'll take it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can do a lot worse than 8 fish on a February day in the Ozarks. The fish are still grouped up for the most part, which can make finding them pretty darn hard. And with water temps in the 40s, there's certainly no guarantee they'll bite when you DO find them. 

Better. Days. Around. The. Corner. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.