MO Carp this one is for you

I am bored and need to go fishing.....ugh!!!

MO carp here is a look at one of my great little smallie spots that holds soo many Carp it's nuts. We hammered quite a few Carp and smallies that evening.

bonus video of my younger brother from another mother fighting a Carp on a rod that was too light....man his music sucks and that water is pretty

547.jpg

555.jpg

561.jpg

Fighting a carp on UL gear is a lot of fun . . .  For a while, then you just want your gear back so you can cast again for something else.  Though carp from that water might pretty good eating.

2 hours ago, Smalliebigs said:

MO carp here is a look at one of my great little smallie spots that holds soo many Carp it's nuts. We hammered quite a few Carp and smallies that evening.

bonus video of my younger brother from another mother fighting a Carp on a rod that was too light....man his music sucks and that water is pretty

547.jpg

555.jpg

561.jpg

Another bass fisherman turned to the carp side :o! All are nice looking river fish.

2 hours ago, MOPanfisher said:

Fighting a carp on UL gear is a lot of fun . . .  For a while, then you just want your gear back so you can cast again for something else.  Though carp from that water might pretty good eating.

Yep, it isn't the fight that turns me on, it's the strike and fooling the fish into biting (especially when you can see them hit, and especially especially if you fooled them on something you made yourself).  If I have to battle a fish more than about five minutes I get bored and want to just cut the line so I can pursue the next one.  Big, hard fighting fish aren't the be-all and end-all for me.  It's one reason I don't care to fish saltwater...many saltwater fish are stronger and have more endurance than nearly all freshwater fish.

48 minutes ago, Al Agnew said:

.  It's one reason I don't care to fish saltwater.

I am that way about bigger saltwater fish, way to much work, I'd rather catch a bunch of 1-1/2 -3# flounder or specks  than mess with big kings or cobia

MONKEYS? what monkeys?

2 hours ago, Al Agnew said:

Yep, it isn't the fight that turns me on, it's the strike and fooling the fish into biting (especially when you can see them hit, and especially especially if you fooled them on something you made yourself).  If I have to battle a fish more than about five minutes I get bored and want to just cut the line so I can pursue the next one.  Big, hard fighting fish aren't the be-all and end-all for me.  It's one reason I don't care to fish saltwater...many saltwater fish are stronger and have more endurance than nearly all freshwater fish.

I agree Al, my buddy in this post I love like a brother but, he is not much of a fisherman. Every year we go and he has to go catch a few nice Carp in the swimmig hole and I force him to go try for a Smallie.

All of the fish out of this particular water shed are just beautiful as you can see and for some reason fight like crazy??..... like noticeably more than other rivers and I have always wondered why????

6 hours ago, Smalliebigs said:

547.jpg

555.jpg

561.jpg

This cracks me up!!! Cant wait for June!!!! Two of my favorite people and arguably my favorite place in the world! Carp and Smallie city!