Where to stay at Truman

Kramr

6 hours ago, Kramr said:

We are booked at Bucksaw in mid April. I have a question. Is it safe for your prop as long as you stay in the lane? Guess what I'm asking, is it fairly easy to move around as long as you don't stray from the channel?

Short answer is “in places” it’s ok to be by the channel. It really depends on the lake level. 708 is flat out spooky if you’ve ever seen it at 706. With trees decaying at “pool” the amount of timber just below the surface is astounding. Truman was my home lake and I can say i have literally seen the whole lake from as far as u can navigate up tributaries to the dam on all arms  

That said, have the folks at bucksaw draw your run path on a map and suggest idle areas. The entire lake can be run on pad if u know it. From long shoal to sterret creek to Osage bluff, run anywhere on the main body u don’t see trees or danger buoys with no worries. 

20 hours ago, oneshot said:

I can not ever remember being on the Lake and not thumping a tree. You might think your safe in the channel then hit something. Some places I knew well and would bring the Boat on plane scare the something out of my wife but she was in the boat with me one time when I had it on its side. LOL

oneshot

I hope you had your brown pants on. :o

2 hours ago, Kramr said:

I hope you had your brown pants on. :o

It was exciting, big 18/60 and my wife was hanging on. We went through a place slow one time and found there was trees, went by there when water was down, it looked like a big Brush Pile.

I think the only way to go on plane is find the Channel on Finder, plot it on GPS and hope for the best.

Seen a Guy knocked a hole in his Boat, got it to the Ramp and it sunk there. People were not happy with him.

Should be nice. We have a Cabin close as we can get to the Lake, would be living there if my wife wasn't working in Lebanon. I like the Lake, if your wanting to play you should be good out in the deeper water. Fishing is great, plenty of Timber and Rocky areas. I like fishing in the Coves and around Bridges.

I really like Warsaw. Clinton is ok it has Everharts and Catfishing is good up there.

oneshot 

Thanks oneshot! Your post is both scary and reassuring at the same time. Plan on using my gps and maps to find the channels and then use the trails created to keep me safely away from as many stumps as possible while on plane. Also need to order a spar prop just in case. Just got this boat last year and haven't bought one yet.