Whites update?

• Members

I sank a silverado to the skidplate one night by the old bridge pillars. Where there is gravel it is usually fine, I just made a bad decision and it was my fault. If the lake is low, you can pull past the little "parking circle" (4wd is necessary) and get closer or if the lake is high you could manhandle your boat to the water easily. Walking is no problem. Just be careful becuase even if an area looks okay just rememeber that sometimes the COE keeps the lake at or right above normal pool or higher for months into years and that stuff almost never fully dries out. Experience and long night taught me, I had to have a buddy come pull me out. Good luck and be careful.

5 hours ago, MCrump said:

I sank a silverado to the skidplate one night by the old bridge pillars. Where there is gravel it is usually fine, I just made a bad decision and it was my fault. If the lake is low, you can pull past the little "parking circle" (4wd is necessary) and get closer or if the lake is high you could manhandle your boat to the water easily. Walking is no problem. Just be careful becuase even if an area looks okay just rememeber that sometimes the COE keeps the lake at or right above normal pool or higher for months into years and that stuff almost never fully dries out. Experience and long night taught me, I had to have a buddy come pull me out. Good luck and be careful.

Thanks for the tip.  not fun getting stuck.