Indian Creek, St. Paddy's Day

Quillback

Being St. Patrick's Day you would think I could catch a green fish, not one green one did I catch, but I did catch 15 smallmouth.  As usual, all on the PB&J Ned, 1/8 oz head.  Even though water temps were about the same as when I was out Tuesday (48-49), the fish were closer to the bank, I don't know if I caught more than one or two deeper than 10 feet.

Fish are still grouped up, caught just about all of them in 3 locations.  

Caught 3 keepers, one was a solid 18" fish, weighed almost 3.5 lbs.

Dawn from the launch:

large.IndianDawn.jpg

First bass in the early AM:

large.Indian1.jpg

My best of the day:

large.Indian2.jpg

A nice looking keeper:

large.Indian3.jpg

This post has been promoted to an article

Quill nice looking smallies! With fish like those no reason to worry about not getting a green bass to the boat. I wish that I could get out on water like that and throw some of my PBJ Neds. They're just sitting in a bag on the bench at home. Just can't make the time to head that far south while balancing work commitments.

Looking forward to more posts.

I am getting addicted to these dudes, lots of fun on light spinning tackle, they are really pulling hard.  Not much in the way of aerial acrobatics yet, only had one jump yesterday, but it probably got three feet of air - then tossed the Ned.  

JF, you must be the only fisherman that wasn't out fishing yesterday, man there were boats everywhere.

6 hours ago, Quillback said:

I am getting addicted to these dudes, lots of fun on light spinning tackle, they are really pulling hard.  Not much in the way of aerial acrobatics yet, only had one jump yesterday, but it probably got three feet of air - then tossed the Ned.  

JF, you must be the only fisherman that wasn't out fishing yesterday, man there were boats everywhere.

Quill - didn't say that we weren't fishing just not in a boat on one of the big lakes :rolleyes:. Go check out my post on the Other Ozark waters forum. Livie and I were wade fishing a creek with Daryk Campbell Sr.