Bass Fly Swap 2018

ness

Well, Ronnie's flies arrived this morning, so I guess the ball's in my court now. Will get them photographed soon and back in the mail. But first, I've got to run downstairs and use the coin counter to tally up Flysmallie's postage :D

John

8 minutes ago, Flysmallie said:

Be careful, there's some collector's items in there. 

I couldn't bring myself to ship COD and then I spotted that 2 dollar bill. 

Yeah -- I'm keeping the smashed penny from Six Flags :D. And, I'll keep the $2 bill and especially the old half dollar. Thanks.

John

Alrighty, then. The flies are boxed up and going out today. Here come the photos:

fshndoug

DSC_7135.jpg

Flysmallie

Whiny John:

DSC_7146.jpg

Garsite Gurgler:

DSC_7147.jpg

Marabou Pig:

DSC_7148.jpg

Bonus 1:

DSC_7149.jpg

Bonus 2:

DSC_7150.jpg

Bonus 3:

DSC_7151.jpg

Bonus 4:

DSC_7152.jpg

Kathy

Woolly Bugger:

DSC_7141.jpg

BilletHead

Predator X (multiple)

DSC_7136.jpg

DSC_7138.jpg

DSC_7139.jpg

Bonus -- French Fry:

DSC_7137.jpg

ness

Pencil Popper:

DSC_7145.jpg

Funk #49 Popper:

DSC_7144.jpg

John

Thanks to everybody who participated. I think we got a great return on this swap, even though we only had a few folks. There were a lot of bonus flies that I doled them out among the participants. Hopefully everybody got something extra. Now -- get out and use these! Like I said, I'm going to fish each of these flies BEFORE I fish my own.

I really appreciate the participation and the extras. I had to chuckle when one of the extras had a little tag end of tippet on it :D Obviously some pre-swap testing going on! 

Thanks again. 

ps:  The little tags are a pain and needed to be taken off for the photo shoot. I ordered tags from Amazon, and got 500 teeny little worthless ones which are now in the trash. Oh, the joys of ordering sight unseen! Need something better for next time.

John

19 minutes ago, ness said:

I had to chuckle when one of the extras had a little tag end of tippet on it :D

Ha. Probably mine. I just grabbed some out of the box I carry and didn't really look to see if it was a new or used one. Sorry. 

23 hours ago, Flysmallie said:

Ha. Probably mine. I just grabbed some out of the box I carry and didn't really look to see if it was a new or used one. Sorry. 

I can just read your mind -- 'That fly is so great and it always catches fish. It's too good to keep to myself, so I'll give it away.' :D

John

1 hour ago, ness said:

I can just read your mind -- 'That fly is so great and it always catches fish. It's too good to keep to myself, so I'll give it away.' :D

Well you can send it back if you don't want it. I have 3 or 4 of each in my box not just a bunch of flies I conned my buddies into sending me for a "fly swap". At least it was one that I had deemed worthy enough for me to fish with it.

Isn't it about time you posted a report with a fish having one of these flies stuck in it's face??