Bass Fly Swap 2018

ness

Almost roped me in, but will have to pass. One of my new hires is giving me fits...just lost, no clue, in one ear out the other. Cant believe that kid passed the CPA exam, does not know a debit from a credit. Will have a job opening soon. Accounting background a plus, but will train any with a good attitude and a brain. Westport area in STL.

37 minutes ago, Gavin said:

Almost roped me in, but will have to pass. One of my new hires is giving me fits...just lost, no clue, in one ear out the other. Cant believe that kid passed the CPA exam, does not know a debit from a credit. Will have a job opening soon. Accounting background a plus, but will train any with a good attitude and a brain. Westport area in STL.

The motivation is not there.  You're not paying them enough. 

This is the same reason why you're bowing out of the fly swap.   At least I offered to send in my underwear.  That shows my level of motivation. :lol:

We've hired two accounting people the past couple years.  We test drove both as interns.  I understand the turn around time with an intern but by the time they are hired you know what you're getting.  Both out of Mizzou.

We just brought in a data analytics kid that is really bright.  Blew us all the way after a few months at looking at our mill cost per hour data.  I couldn't believe he picked up the steel industry so quickly. 

Now hiring sales reps straight out of college.  Not so much.

Did not have any input on that one so not my monkey. But will be gone soon. The other two we hired are kicking posterior. One has NO accounting  background, but has done a fantastic job. Going back to school this summer to finish up MBA, and sit for the exam.

6 minutes ago, Flysmallie said:

I guess I better go round up some supplies. 

People will be sad they didn’t jump in. 

Yeah—let’s make those losers regret their laziness. 

Placed my order today and even paid $3 more for expedited shipping. That’s $3 that could have gone for diapers or medicine, but I wanted to get my priorities straight on this one. 

John

No hurry fellows but I'm done with mine :grin:,

BilletHead

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

2 hours ago, BilletHead said:

No hurry fellows but I'm done with mine :grin:,

BilletHead

Retirement must be grand! :)

With the lake on it's way back up, and the White bass run hopefully not far off I decided to get the rod rigged and check my Spring run waist pack and it looks like I have some serious tying to do.  Funny, I don't remember loosing that many flys last Spring, I think somebody has pilfered my goodies.  :angry: