OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dnj21

best spot for little one

Headed down mid-week for a couple days.  I have spent many days down there over there years fly fishing, but my 6 year old got chest waders from Santa and is bound and determined to wade and fish this time.  Where do you guys start your kids down there where its safest to wade and maybe catch some?  Doesn't matter what zone, I have fished 1 & 2 and been all over 3.  We will have gear for whatever zone we hit.

I will have her pfd on and stay right with her, but she is determined to do it like she has watched Dad do it.  She is roughly 48-50" tall. 

On 3/27/2018 at 3:51 PM, snagged in outlet 3 said:

Between spillway and bridge.  My kids have caught hundreds there over the years. 

She liked this spot best so we tried that at the whistle Friday morning.  Caught a nice 14" Rainbow on a John Deere jig, all by herself!  Very excited about the whole process and we had a lot of fun.  Wish we would have stayed a few more days........  

BSSP Trout.jpg

1 hour ago, dnj21 said:

She liked this spot best so we tried that at the whistle Friday morning.  Caught a nice 14" Rainbow on a John Deere jig, all by herself!  Very excited about the whole process and we had a lot of fun.  Wish we would have stayed a few more days........  

BSSP Trout.jpg

It's a great spot for kids or anyone really

On 4/4/2018 at 1:25 PM, dnj21 said:

BSSP Trout.jpg

That right there is PRICELESS! Good on you for planting the seed for a lifetime of adventures. 

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 1:25 PM, dnj21 said:

BSSP Trout.jpg

That's a great memory! She sure looks excited. Hopefully you get a lifetime fishing partner. Congrats!