Graph Question

dan hufferd

Fish on the bottom usually mark in the bottom signal on a graph (unless your xdcr is directly above them and perfectly vertical). I'd have to draw a picture to show why. Fine tuning your sensitivity so they'll show up is required (usually turning it down  from auto settings on soft bottom & up on hard). If you're old enough to have spent much time with a flasher you'll know what I'm talking about.

I can't dance like I used to.

On 3/31/2018 at 11:20 AM, dan hufferd said:

I have a couple lowrance graphs the cheaper ones.  My question is this...are there units out there that can separate a fish from the bottom when they are laying on the bottom ?  Is there an adjustment that will give me better target separation, I do not have chirp.

Thanks in advance

i watched a youtube the other day and the fish graph showed only a change in bootom color and a slight rise but no arch. The guy put down an aqualvu and the fishwere probably 8" off the bottom. Don't remeber which graph but it was a good one

The answer may not lie at the bottom of a glass, but you should always check

On 3/31/2018 at 11:20 AM, dan hufferd said:

I have a couple lowrance graphs the cheaper ones.  My question is this...are there units out there that can separate a fish from the bottom when they are laying on the bottom ?  Is there an adjustment that will give me better target separation, I do not have chirp.

Thanks in advance

Do you see  a difference in bottom  hardness at all ?    Also  you may need to start watching the right side of your graph as it starts printing    Seems to me more chart speed helps some

Dprice

priceheatingair.com 

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 8:58 AM, curtisce said:

i watched a youtube the other day and the fish graph showed only a change in bootom color and a slight rise but no arch. The guy put down an aqualvu and the fishwere probably 8" off the bottom. Don't remeber which graph but it was a good one

You get pronounced arches when the boat is moving.  If you are still and the fish are not moving you should see flat lines.

10 minutes ago, dprice said:

Do you see  a difference in bottom  hardness at all ?    Also  you may need to start watching the right side of your graph as it starts printing    Seems to me more chart speed helps some

yes i can tell bottom hardness, I have my chart speed on fastest. thank you