Indian Point 3/31/18

Duck Hunter

• Members

First of all I am a long time reader and a first time poster. I want to thank everyone for all of the great information on here that I have learned. I am strictly a recreational fisherman and I am an avid waterfowl hunter. If you ever see an old 18ft john boat with a long tail mud motor on it that’s me! I started fishing this lake 3 years ago and have improved immensely since I started thanks to you guys and a few buddies. 

So here’s the report. Put in at Indian point at 4pm on 3/31 fished till 6:30 with the wife. Caught 10 fish total. 6 Smallies and 4 spots almost all fat females. 2 keeper SM and the rest were around 14-14.5”. 5 fish caught on PBJ Ned and other 5 on BPS speed shad 1/4oz head. The key was throwin in our and counting to 10 then slow reeling back and they would either be on it when you first got tension or would follow it up and hit it about 10 yards from boat. Again thank you everyone for the great reports. Sorry my pics wouldn’t upload. 

13 hours ago, Quillback said:

Thanks for the report, and welcome.  I think catching those smallies and spots on light tackle is a hoot.  

Always like getting the accidental bonus 13-16" bass on the panfish gear while fishing for crappie or blue gill. 5 foot ultralight with 4lb test....always fun.

Welcome duck hunter.  The best part of your post was that your wife was out enjoying it with you. Nothing compares to having a wife that enjoys the outdoors. 

TinBoats BassClub.  An aluminum only bass club. If interested in info send me a PM. 

Unless, of course, she plays golf too!

Right Champ?

Nice goin' Duck Hunter!

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."  George Carlin

"The only money ever wasted is money never spent."  Me.

2 hours ago, vernon said:

Unless, of course, she plays golf too!

Right Champ?

Nice goin' Duck Hunter!

Right indeed, my friend. 

ClassActionTransparent.png

25 minutes ago, Duck Hunter said:

She plays golf and was a 3 time all state golfer so she can beat me most of the time lol!

Is there anything more annoying than someone who is REALLY good at golf? Being the hack that I am it shouldn't bother me. But I just don't get how someone can be so good at hitting that little white ball. Try as I might, I just will never be that good. I was a fairly decent 3 sport athlete and am pretty good at any sport I try my hand at (except soccer, horrible). But I have friends that could barely pick up a basketball using two hands and here they are just killing me on the golf course. Makes no sense!

36 minutes ago, Smalls21 said:

if i could use a baseball bat to hit that stupid little white ball, and a hockey stick to put it in the hole, i might try playing golf

The Robin Williams stand-up bit about the invention of golf by the Scottish is pretty funny. I won't post it here as it has a lot of adult language but if you're so inclined just google Robin Williams Golf and it will pull right up on YouTube.