Jump to content
OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Duck Hunter

Indian Point 3/31/18

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, abkeenan said:

 I was a fairly decent 3 sport athlete and am pretty good at any sport I try my hand at (except soccer, horrible).

You’re still safe to say “any sport.” Soccer is recreation at best. 😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Champ188 said:

You’re still safe to say “any sport.” Soccer is recreation at best. 😆

Exactly.

I actually prefer "Communist Plot" or "Beginning Terrorist Activities for Children".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Duck Hunter said:

She plays golf and was a 3 time all state golfer so she can beat me most of the time lol!

Good for her!  Now. if she can also make sausage gravy you've truly hit the trifecta of life!

To clarify, my wife isn't "better" at golf than me (I and I alone determine and establish all definitions of the term "better" in regards to golf).

However, she does have TWO hole in ones and I have, well, somewhere around a couple less than that.......

Consequently, I have established an ongoing moratorium on hole in ones stating that any that she might make from this point forward DO NOT COUNT until I make one!

Seems fair enough.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Champ you know nothing about soccer.You don't see those athletes coming off the field because they are tired.In basketball they only have to run 90 feet then pass the ball around for 25 seconds.you just don't understand the game,those guys are amazing in their agility.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

fshndoug, Champ is not a soccer guy. He has made those comments before and for those of us who love the game of soccer, well we just let it go. When the average soccer player runs 7 miles during a game, most people would consider that player an athlete. I played and then coached for years. Some love the game and some don’t. It’s all good. 

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, m&m said:

fshndoug, Champ is not a soccer guy. He has made those comments before and for those of us who love the game of soccer, well we just let it go. When the average soccer player runs 7 miles during a game, most people would consider that player an athlete. I played and then coached for years. Some love the game and some don’t. It’s all good. 

Mike

Run cross country or marathons then (although maybe just as dumm) and leave the stupid looking ball out of it.

God gave 'em two good hands - USE 'EM!

Commies.......

:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's all in good humor. I'm sure that Champ can have an appreciation for what elite soccer players can do on the field. Guys like Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, Luis Suarez, etc are incredible talents. It's just that in the United States soccer takes a back seat to the 3 major sports (MLB, NBA, NFL) and the best athletes we Americans have to offer flood to those sports. Soccer is an after thought, which is why MLS is where past their prime players (Thierry Henry, Beckham, Gerrard, etc.) go to die (retire). Would be really interesting to see how American soccer teams would fare against World teams if our best athletes played soccer. So the Mike Trouts, LeBron James,  Russell Westbrooks, Adrian Petersons, Kobe Bryants, Ray Lewis' ,Michael Jordans, Bo Jacksons, Barry Sanders, etc....if they were to play soccer instead of their respective sports....would we crush the Europeans and South Americans at their own game? We'll never find out but I suspect we would dominate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, abkeenan said:

It's all in good humor. I'm sure that Champ can have an appreciation for what elite soccer players can do on the field. Guys like Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, Luis Suarez, etc are incredible talents. It's just that in the United States soccer takes a back seat to the 3 major sports (MLB, NBA, NFL) and the best athletes we Americans have to offer flood to those sports. Soccer is an after thought, which is why MLS is where past their prime players (Thierry Henry, Beckham, Gerrard, etc.) go to die (retire). Would be really interesting to see how American soccer teams would fare against World teams if our best athletes played soccer. So the Mike Trouts, LeBron James,  Russell Westbrooks, Adrian Petersons, Kobe Bryants, Ray Lewis' ,Michael Jordans, Bo Jacksons, Barry Sanders, etc....if they were to play soccer instead of their respective sports....would we crush the Europeans and South Americans at their own game? We'll never find out but I suspect we would dominate.

You just makin' up names here or are those real people?

Those first one's I mean.

Sound like artists or maybe musicians..... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, vernon said:

You just makin' up names here or are those real people?

Those first one's I mean.

Sound like artists or maybe musicians..... 

They didn't go tot KU so it's out of your realm......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.