April May on Bull

Fish24/7

fished 4 places today, put a lot of miles on the truck but nothing to show for it, walked 100's of yards of shoreline and caught 1 stinking short bass on a crappie minner lol. Tried the buffet in my tackle box while I watched my bobber in my peripheral vision.  Although I did meet a nice fella who was tight  lining for cats and we talked fishing for a couple hours while my minnow drug my cork up and down the bank like a champ!!  He never had a bite that I saw. Did see 3 pairs of Bald eagles, a golden eagle, 2 ospreys and a sand piper. Carp are really going to town now. Might try it again tomorrow if I can slip away.

It's been tough.

Very sporadic bites yesterday and today. 

One on a Jig 20fow, lost one on a crank shallow. Water from 56-59.

Hopefully Friday is better.😁

On 4/20/2018 at 1:25 AM, Rob P said:

It's been tough.

Very sporadic bites yesterday and today. 

One on a Jig 20fow, lost one on a crank shallow. Water from 56-59.

Hopefully Friday is better.😁

several degrees behind on WT compared to my log from last year, i'm fixin to go again in about an hour,

talked to a guy who bass fished all afternoon  lower/mid lake Wed, and yesterday , said he caught some spots and smallies,  had several keepers, hardly any largemouth. Had to keep moving around .give it a week or 2 and they should stay put. I found some decent largemouth staging last week , dying to get back out there to see if more have moved in.I'm waiting on a buddy to come back so we can use his truck to launch the boats, my pickup is out of commission for now ;(

went again yesterday afternoon, thought I could find some crappie tucked away in the back of this little cove I can get to by foot. Well, I'm still carrying around the same 3 dozen minnows I bought this week if that tells you anything :(   Did see 2 lm buck bass on 2 beds though, so the back of that cove is pretty warm. I haven't talked to anybody who's caught any crappie recently but I'm sure somebody is.  Wonder if some have already spawned?? usually when they move up I can see them when I'm creeping along the bank, did see some males on beds when I had the boat out several days ago but it was only a few and they were spooky as heck like they just got there. I can go again this eve, will report after.

today was a little better, went back for a couple hours to the same spot as yesterday, caught 6 small lm bass on a small grub, 1 big ol' gill, an 11" walleye, and 2 big crappie on minnows. Those 2 bass I saw yesterday were still on their beds.