Old boat needs some love......

• Members

Hey guys, I have an older 1997 Shawnee and the bottom needs some serious attention! The boat has HIGH sides and is the typical 20' model. The issue is that it's too heavy to flip over. We tried, after removing the motor and all contents, with four grown men and couldn't make it happen. What are your suggestions to mend the bottom while it's still on the trailer?

I appreciate any advice you can throw my way!

Thanks,

WilsonIMG_7975.jpg

Jacks, chain fall, cherry picker, tractor with a front end loader.  You need something to lift it clear of the trailer to work on it.  Or just jack one end up and work on it, then jack the other up.

"Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously."

Hunter S. Thompson

1 hour ago, jdmidwest said:

Jacks, chain fall, cherry picker, tractor with a front end loader.  You need something to lift it clear of the trailer to work on it.  Or just jack one end up and work on it, then jack the other up.

What he said.

Here's what ya do if you have a tongue jack on the trailer..... Pull the boat about a foot off the back of the trailer.   Let the tongue jack all the way down.  Block up the transom of the boat.  Raise the tongue jack up until the rear of the boat is off the trailer.  Now block the front. Release the bow winch.   Lower the tongue jack.  Pull the trailer out from under it. 

Reverse the proceedure to put it back on the trailer.