Quick Taney Update

Phil Lilley

• Root Admin

As you probably have heard, they've shut the flood gates and lowered generation on Taneycomo.  Table Rock is at 915.72 feet and dropping very slowly at this point.  Beaver is still high but it seems like the Corps is good with holding it, while generating a few hours each day to hold it steady at 1127.5 feet.  They are running 2 units all day and night right now at Table Rock Dam.

The flow is dramatically different now that it was a few days ago.  It is much slower and you can see the bottom most places above Short Creek.  It's much more conducive to fishing, or getting to the fish now.  

I got out for an hour yesterday and fished from below Fall Creek to Trout Hollow.  I threw jigs at first, on the shallow side.  I didn't connect when fishing along the bank but did when I turned around the started throwing out to deeper water.  Caught them on an 1/8th ounce sculpin/ginger jig.

At about the boat ramp, I started drifting a night crawler on the bottom, mid lake.  I used only a #3 split shot 18 inches above a #8 hook, 4-pound line.  I hook the worm in the collar and break off the back half, letting the worm hang off both ends of the hook.  I don't try to hide the hook at all.  Caught 3 nice rainbows, all about 12 inches and thick, very healthy.

Night crawlers are definitely the hot bait right now.  Minnows are ok and so are Gulp Eggs.

Lilleys Landing logo 150.jpg