Adding Stabil When Unsure if Gas Has Been Treated

Yeah it would take a while to burn 20 gal of fuel up with THAT motor.   It blows my mind why they still install such high capacity fuel cells in boats.  Even if the fuel was bought fresh yesterday it will be bad before the average boater burns up 20 gallons.   That's like throwing in an extra passenger that does nothing but sit there and cause problems all day.  Toss that idiot overboard!

1 hour ago, fishinwrench said:

Yeah it would take a while to burn 20 gal of fuel up with THAT motor.   It blows my mind why they still install such high capacity fuel cells in boats.  Even if the fuel was bought fresh yesterday it will be bad before the average boater burns up 20 gallons.   That's like throwing in an extra passenger that does nothing but sit there and cause problems all day.  Toss that idiot overboard!

Especially with the more fuel efficient 4 strokes to have a 36 gallon tank for a 115 HP (recently looked at one)  the 90 HP we have at work doesnt burn all 13 gallons in its tank in a long day.  My 90 2 stroke seldom has more than 5 to 10 at most, and only the higher if I am being lazy.

1 hour ago, MOPanfisher said:

the 90 HP we have at work doesnt burn all 13 gallons in its tank in a long day.  My 90 2 stroke seldom has more than 5 to 10 at most, and only the higher if I am being lazy.

My last boat had a 1999 Yamaha 90 hp 2 stroke. Could run all over Stockton or Table Rock in a day and never come near using up the 12 gal tank. This boat I have now is a deep vee. From a design aspect, since these are popular up in the great lakes and boundry waters where you may not be close to fuel I think it makes sense to have what seems like an obnoxious tank. Boat is rated for a 90hp, but as said even then still hard to burn that much gas in a weekend

There are situations where it would be useful,  if you don't want to buy high priced fuel from a marina or have to pull the boat out to refuel and are staying several days again it would be useful.  I gave up pulling my boat up on the bank overnight when camping after a rather bad experience after a storm.

well i put 22 gallons in last friday and sunday i was on E.  That was just running spot to spot fun fishing. 

TinBoats BassClub.  An aluminum only bass club. If interested in info send me a PM.