Crankbait Rod

DavidB

• Members

I’m looking for a crankbait rod to throw baits up to a DD 22 or a 6 X.  Preferably $150.00 or less.  Recommendations?

Bang for the buck option:

Falcon BuCoo SR Casting Rod 7' Med Hvy $100

A step up:

Falcon Lowrider 20 Cast Rod 7' Med Hvy Cranking $170

• Members

Thanks for the suggestion.  I have a couple of older Falcon Lowriders, and they’re really good rods, if a little heavy.  I’ll be at Table Rock the week of the 21st, and am hoping the Branson BPS will have something in stock.  The ones I’ve visited rarely have a selection of Falcons in stock.  Any other suggestions will be much appreciated!

• Members

😎.  Love the back doctor suggestion, and if I throw a DD 22 very long, I might need one!  Will probably be throwing a Deep Little N, a 5X and Bomber 6 and 7 As at Table Rock, but I’m hoping to find a good rod that will also handle the DD 22and 6 X this summer, on Toledo Bend.  Strictly “spot duty” or I’ll have to look up that back doctor!

6 hours ago, DavidB said:

I’m looking for a crankbait rod to throw baits up to a DD 22 or a 6 X.  Preferably $150.00 or less.  Recommendations?

Denali Kovert LT ... Crankbait model K903CB. It’s 7-6 and more than strong enough to handle big baits but 25% lighter than other rods in its class. Has 14 guides. Great cranking stick. 

ClassActionTransparent.png