OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brian Jones

Mineral Fork access and float question

It's been established that access to the Fork is now extremely  problematical at F and 47.  So my question is:............. How is the floating from 185 down to F?  In the Ozark stream smallmouth destinations it says that the distance from 185 to F is only three miles.  Who has been through this stretch and what is the floating like?  

36 minutes ago, TroutRinger said:

Ozark stream smallmouth destinations”. I tried googling that but did not get anything. Is that a book? 

Yes - it is a book - "200 Missouri Smallmouth Adventures" by the late, great Chuck Tryon.

And Brian - you made me look it up, but Hwy 185 goes over Fourche A Renault Creek, which becomes the MF after it meets up with Mine A Breton creek.  No access at Hwy 185 that I'm aware of unless you are referring to CR 211.  Never been there, and I've never floated above F.  Probably the only time for dependable water floating is now -- or after a very recent rain.  Pretty skinny water above F, and you're going to have a problem with access at F unless you move real fast.  Wouldn't leave a car there.

22 minutes ago, ColdWaterFshr said:

And Brian - you made me look it up, but Hwy 185 goes over Fourche A Renault Creek, which becomes the MF after it meets up with Mine A Breton creek.  No access at Hwy 185 that I'm aware of unless you are referring to CR 211.  Never been there, and I've never floated above F.  Probably the only time for dependable water floating is now -- or after a very recent rain.  Pretty skinny water above F, and you're going to have a problem with access at F unless you move real fast.  Wouldn't leave a car there.

That's what I thought too.  But in that pdf file it listed Hwy 185 as  put in point.  And don't worry about me leaving a rig at F.  Been there, done that and paid the deductible...... June 1994.....

47 minutes ago, TroutRinger said:

Ozark stream smallmouth destinations”. I tried googling that but did not get anything. Is that a book? 

Ringer:  It is a pdf file that I pulled off of here that was put togther by the missouri smallmouth alliance. Kind of a neat read and I saved it to the computer.   But for the life of me I cannot find it on the site now.

13 minutes ago, Brian Jones said:

Ringer:  It is a pdf file that I pulled off of here that was put togther by the missouri smallmouth alliance. Kind of a neat read and I saved it to the computer.   But for the life of me I cannot find it on the site now.

Thanks. I think I saw Phil posted that (or refreshed the post) recently. 

I've done it from 185.  Not a bad put-in on the county road just upstream from the bridge.  Skinny water until Mine a Breton Creek joins to make the Mineral Fork, then it's about a mile on down to F.  But there weren't any big log jams or barbed wire fences when I did it several years ago, and no landowners came to run me off.  Your experience may vary!