FLW Costa

Bill Babler

The co-angler champ was only out fished by his boater one day and that was by Mike McClelland, who is arguably the best angler fishing this tournament on TRL. He stomped his boaters the first two days. That really is amazing!

Chad G Allison
Day 1: 15-7  Peter Wenners 9-3
Day 2: 16-2  Brandon Bolton 11-10
Day 3: 8-1  Mike McClelland 9-0

Very impressive total by the Co.  After the first day all these pro’s know where the Co stands and if it’s in first will do everything legal in their power to keep them there. There are regs where coanglers can throw but you can bet the Pro,s leave them plenty of water

Both the Coangler and the Pro winners fished an A-Rig the entire  derby

Great job by both 

I was down Friday-Saturday due to poor planning on my part and not thinking to check tournament schedules. Had a very solid pattern catching fish off sand and gravel banks around Aunt's Creek on small swimbaits and jerkbaits. There were small shad dying everywhere and the fish were gorging on them, ignoring all my larger offerings in favor of the little stuff. No big fish but lots of keepers in the 2.5-3.5 pound range, mostly the super fat spotted bass. Had a few dock corners that kept reloading with schools of spots that would fight over a jerkbait. Saw very few boats that looked like tournament boats in the area I was at so I'm sure that helped that they were maybe not getting pounded quite as bad. Sometimes you just get lucky and figure them out too. Never had a bite on a bottom bait or a crankbait.

Image may contain: Clayton Westgate, standing, sky, cloud, outdoor, water and natureImage may contain: outdoor and waterImage may contain: outdoor and waterImage may contain: outdoor and waterNo automatic alt text available.

Had 3 keepers in the rain by 10:30 when I had to pack it in on Sunday. Overall a very good trip that I feel even better about after hearing how much of a grind it was for a lot of really good fishermen.