Fishing Report 4/15, 4/16, 4/17, 4/18

Ham

Noone really seemed to know why the whites dies off, I know of at least 2 major die offs ad a couple smaller ones.  The last 3 years or so those small whites have been thick, keep thinking they will grown into bigger fish.  Do catch a few nice ones while crappie fishing but just can't seem to get a bit going on decent sized fish.  Heck I am ready for MDC to import some wipers.  (Sorry Fishing Wrench).

Them dang things have taken many a crank bait away from me, braid or mono.  I saw one come by the office, guy had it in a live well wanted to know if it was a musky.  Not only was it a musky it was a dang nice one too, caught on a plastic worm, mono with no steel leader.  Sometimes I just shake my head and hope that somewhere under a log, the muskie population has a museum where they display crankbaits they have stolen from me and others over the years.

We fished BS from the 70s.  We caught large numbers of large whites in the winter and early spring.  There were 6 of us and someone was there every day so we had current knowledge of where they were and what the best bait was.  You can believe this or not in 2001 my bud and I had 2864 winter/spring and in the winter/spring of 2003 we had 34 total.  The succeeding years of 04 and 05 weren't any better so I quit going down there until 2010.

This fish had a tooth patch on tongue and rows of scales on belly.

washed out but Spot or Meanmouth?

C314C23A-BF88-461A-83E6-9150B499C985.jpeg

Every Saint has a past, every Sinner has a future. On Instagram @hamneedstofish

Been fishing Pomme heavy for over 20 years. For me, theres no better lake around. The whites took a huge hit in 08 that still to this day, hasnt returned.  My daughter, then 11 would run up to Cave Hole area up the Pomme, and within 4 hours would boat 100 fish each. Lucky to get that in a few years combined now. 

Acre per acre, theres no better lake around for quality largemouth. Ive caught many over 6, several over 7, and a handful pushing 8, including my avatar picture pushing 9 last April. Almost every fish i have ever caught over 5 came on a WW or C-Rig lizard/worm.  

Glad you guys caught some good ones. Now stay south as not to put the word out about our great lake up here. 😜

TinBoats BassClub.  An aluminum only bass club. If interested in info send me a PM. 

Ketchup, I wish we could have figured out the fish in 15-30 FOW. I’m sure there are piles of them somewhere, but we could not make them eat. 

Heck of a Fish There! 

How many Musky a year does a brass fisherman tangle with?

26 minutes ago, Ham said:

Ketchup, I wish we could have figured out the fish in 15-30 FOW. I’m sure there are piles of them somewhere, but we could not make them eat. 

Mother nature just threw you a curveball Ham.  Those deeper fish will be up shallow soon, then it gets interesting. Im not worse deep water guy known to man, so this time of year i get all giddy.  

TinBoats BassClub.  An aluminum only bass club. If interested in info send me a PM.