April 21st walleye

TrevorByrd

• Members

I turkey hunted until 1 then hit the lake. It was the best day of walleye fishing ive ever had on stockton. Caught 20-25 in 3 hours. All looked like spawned out females,  of the 4 i kept they were all females. I didnt catch a walleye under 17in with the biggest around 7 or 8 lbs 25"+ getting off right as i tried to net her. I knew she was about to get off so i dove over the bow to try and scoop her out,  in the process gouging out a chunk of skin from a tie off cleat. All were caught 15-18 fow on yum worms with a silver spinner rig. One of the bigger eyes had about a 7" shad down her throat.

20180421_154114.jpg

20180421_193042.jpg

This post has been promoted to an article

Man that is a great day.  When you say spinners do you mean crawler harnesses?  Mind saying what the water temp was?

Thanks for the info gonna give it a try the next couple days.  Again way to lay it on them yesterday.

• Members

The only downside to the trip was that they bit like crazy for 2 hours then the last hour only caught 2. Then i realized that the wind had stopped blowing. I had good 10-15mph winds blowing right into the cove i was fishing. When it quit, it was like someone had turned off a lightswitch. 

Great day and good report!

Just curious...Were you hunting COE land around lake? 

I've been thinking about hunting the AM and fishing the afternoon with a possible side excursion of mushroom hunting.

Thanks for the report.

OD  

Great day and report! Were you fishing secondary points in coves or a certain type of structure?

I am thinking of getting the father-in-law out on Thursday. Was going to target crappie, but now you have me second-guessing myself. :)

• Members
16 hours ago, Old dog 417 said:

Great day and good report!

Just curious...Were you hunting COE land around lake? 

I've been thinking about hunting the AM and fishing the afternoon with a possible side excursion of mushroom hunting.

Thanks for the report.

OD  

I sure was, its makes for a hell of a day