Oklahoma ?

oneshot

Was thinking of going to Minnesota hunting but got to thinking about brush and mosquitoes so thought more about Oklahoma.

Thinking of hunting Hogs,Deer,Camping and Fishing.

Anyone ever go down there? My wife is already having a fit over cost of Permits. Thinking of going during Muzzleloader Deer Season but see I can use a Crossbow during Archery Season so that might work.

oneshot 

That's  a big state and has so many kinds of lands. I can be there in 20 minutes,but its like a million miles to the other ends. 

Shoot;  Ok reaches from south Ar. all the way to Co. and from Mo Ozarks to NM . It has prairie, desert and mountains. Runs from  4,973 feet above sea level to the lowest point at 289 feet  above sea level. Better to pick a specific place and ask about that. 

17 minutes ago, tjm said:

That's  a big state and has so many kinds of lands. I can be there in 20 minutes,but its like a million miles to the other ends. 

Shoot;  Ok reaches from south Ar. all the way to Co. and from Mo Ozarks to NM . It has prairie, desert and mountains. Runs from  4,973 feet above sea level to the lowest point at 289 feet  above sea level. Better to pick a specific place and ask about that. 

Was thinking around Broken Bow Lake SE Corner of the State unless someone comes up with a better area.

oneshot 

57 minutes ago, Flysmallie said:

Sounds like your wife has a fit over most things. 

Oh I think she gets it from her mom. But she has kept me out of trouble most of the time in over 30 years.

oneshot 

I never been down there, but my mama taught school at Idabel back in the '70s and from what she said I think it's pretty much just like where you live. Was it me I'd either set fish or hunt as the main goal and forget the other, when you travel, time is never enough to do even one thing.

2 hours ago, oneshot said:

Was thinking of going to Minnesota hunting but got to thinking about brush and mosquitoes so thought more about Oklahoma.

Thinking of hunting Hogs,Deer,Camping and Fishing.

Anyone ever go down there? My wife is already having a fit over cost of Permits. Thinking of going during Muzzleloader Deer Season but see I can use a Crossbow during Archery Season so that might work.

oneshot 

Where you live has better everything;  Stay home and love what you have.

Check out Kiamichi Park, 2300 acres, is open to bow hunting and all bucks must have a 15 inch outside spread. It has been this way for years so most of the buck reach maturity. There is also Hugo WMA, 18,000 acres of Public hunting land around Hugo Lake. There are a couple special hunts there and it is closed to all hunting during these time, usually  2-3 days each. I haven't been there is lots of years but saw several nice bucks and one of my sons shot a nice nine pointer that gross scored 135.

IMG_2518.JPG

16 hours ago, Terrierman said:

Where you live has better everything;  Stay home and love what you have.

:rolleyes: Sounds like my wife. Go to the Cabin, go Deer Hunting and Fishing, sleep in a real Bed and watch T.V. Closer and much cheaper.

oneshot