Annual Lake Trip Annual Post!!!!

brianetz1

• Members

I'm heading down to the Camdenton area for my yearly trip with my dad and lifelong buddies on May 3rd.

Always looking for tips and tricks for where the Bass are going to be at next week, and what everyone is seeing.

We will be fishing from Linn Creek down the Niangua arms.   All suggestions in that area are greatly appreciated.  I will be checking now through the weekend and will bump as we get closer.  

I will be sure to update with anything that I find while I am down there.

I'm no expert, and I pretty much stopped fishing impoundments when I discovered Ozark Stream Smallies, but I remember more than a few early May LOZ trips where fishing Wiggle Warts on main lake points that had a channel swing were magnificent.

I also like to throw bubble gum floating trick worms behind dock cables. 

1/4 oz tandem spinnerbaits are a good search bait.

Those would be the 3 lures I would have tied on to start, and be ready and quick to adjust.

• Members

this time of year is always tricky for us.  We have had snow, we have had 90 degrees, we have had torrential downpours and 100 year floods.  Sometimes they are in full on spawn, sometimes they are prespawn, sometimes the spawn is completely over.  So it never seems to be the same year after year. 

We only get down there 2 times a year at most.  In the past, as we get closer someone who fishes in that area gives me a few pointers as to what seems to be working.  I always appreciate that because 9 times out of 10 that's what we are able to use to have some fun.  

So long story short, thanks for all the input anyone gives me.  it all helps to make it a fun trip for us.

Bass, Crappie, Drum, Carp....all spawning now.  Bass are on beds like crazy and as long as they waited, it's gonna be a shorter than usual spawn season for them but you will still have some on beds in the coming weeks for sure.  Amazing how fast, and how many hit the banks at once.  Crappie will be 90% spawned out by next week and could get a little tough but...they're crappie and can always be caught..