Lake levels

WeekendWarrior

31 minutes ago, fishinwrench said:

Yeah they are stressing me out with that crap.   I went yesterday to make sure no whites had made the jump, but nope nothing but some big old gizzard shad up in the creek.   

They won't make it across the flat until the level gets closer to 658.

Stinking white bass!!!!!!!!:lol:  They have eluded me for years.........And many miles on my truck.

Was at our lake place this morning and saw the lake come up about a foot and then drop back down quickly.  Sigh.  The crappie were on the banks, though, so there is hope.  Saw quite a few boats run up the creek earlier this month but not so many now.  

• Members

With today's rain being the only weather in the forecast for the next couple of weeks, I can't follow their logic if they don't let today's rain bring the level up to 657 or close to it.  They're falling behind on their own guide curve.  They have to be planning to catch up and be at summer pool by Memorial Day, so why not start now?  

This is the lowest level for May that I have ever seen.   They sucked it down way early too (1st week of October).  

Nothing they do makes any sense anymore.   I guess all of the old Ameren UE crew, that knew how to manage the lake levels here, have retired now.   The new generation hasn't figured it out yet.

I just checked the historical levels and you have to go back to 2011 to find a May where it hit 656. It has always been 657 to 658 by now.