OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Dutch

4/26. Mixed bag

Ditto what these guys said. Went out Thursday had had a mixed bag of crappie, whites, and walleye. Most of the crappie came 10-12 feet deep in staging areas. Some very good quality to many of them. Half on jigs and half on minnows. Water temps were 54-57 degrees.

Jason

1524877830159.jpg

My blacks were in about 2 f ow.  Could only get bit on the Little guy.  Taking today off and leaving the lake to weekend warriors.  

Plan to fish upper  end Sunday morning then head to smallmouth land for rest of the week.

I moved back to the lower end.   Water is in the upper 50s and there is lots of moss.   I am catching brown fish and spots that haven't spawned yet.  I had one green fish that looked about half spawned out.  

I still can't get the good ones.  They have to be around somewhere. 

Today I looked deeper than I have been.   I found green and brown fish 16 to 19 feet deep right on the bottom.  12 bass with 3 keepers this morning. 

Was that on the lower end?  Saturday I put in by the dam and tried Orleans trail cove up to the no wake line with nothing.  Ran up to mutton creek and caught fish shallow on the ned shaky head and one pitching into the brush.  Went past Roark to a big cove that was busy and also went up sons and caught fish but just one keeper.  Water up there was probably 5 degrees warmer than orleans trail.