Stockton behemoth

waterpossum

Aren't tiger muskies sterile?

33 minutes ago, MoCarp said:

could be some minor spawning, 

A mid '80s stocking would be 30+ years old and should be 6' long by now?  Fellows must be about a million miles by river, imo, either the fish got transported or  an unreported stocking took place. Could have been carried there after death, even.

I'm saying I think it is possible for one to come that far.  A very long time ago a friend of mine caught a 9 # stri[per in Flat Creek.  Think how far that thing had to swim to come from Beaver lake.

• Members

There’s lots of deep holes of water between fellows and Stockton. Could of taken several big rains and a couple of years to get there. Just a thought??

I found a skull of a tiger muskie in 1984 on a bluff shoreline. It was just down the hill from the land I had purchased that year. My property is approximately 2 miles south of Birch Branch just past where the timber starts on the west side. I kept it in a sack in the basement and up until about ten years ago would look at it from time to time. I'm pretty positive it is still down there somewhere mingled in with 242 boxes of my wife's foo foo.

1 hour ago, waterpossum said:

I found a skull of a tiger muskie in 1984 on a bluff shoreline. It was just down the hill from the land I had purchased that year. My property is approximately 2 miles south of Birch Branch just past where the timber starts on the west side. I kept it in a sack in the basement and up until about ten years ago would look at it from time to time. I'm pretty positive it is still down there somewhere mingled in with 242 boxes of my wife's foo foo.

I hope her foo foo has something to do with fishing, because after years of being in a sack in the basement, its going to smell like fishy. 

TinBoats BassClub.  An aluminum only bass club. If interested in info send me a PM. 

5 hours ago, MoCarp said:

I do as well, a few would get caught well into the mid 80's price branch seemed to turn up a few on spinnerbaits, could be some minor spawning, it would be quite a feet for a fish to make it up from fellows, the water that gets pumped from stockton is the only connection  to any springfield lake, its possible a few would get moved from pomme or fellows

Well no Prices I know of stocked them 

we considered  elk once tho 

Dprice

priceheatingair.com 

Another one was caught by a guy I go to church with earlier this year between the steel bridge and Taylor bridge. So that's 3 confirmed sightings/catching since last spring on Stockton. 

When he called the Polk County Office he was told that during last year's flood there was a breakdown of the dam at fellows and there is reason to believe some fish did Escape Fellows. I don't know if that's the story that the MDC is sticking to or if they really did try to test some fish. Don't know if we'll ever know the truth, We were all told for years there's no bears in this state.......