Grand Bahama trip

Just returned from a trip to Old Bahama Bay on Grand Bahama.   Weather wasn't idea for kayak fly fishing but we still had a great trip.

https://looknfishy.blogspot.com/2018/05/maybe-bonefish.html

searcing the flats wih James and Jameson.1.jpg

Looks like a good time! Have never fished for bonefish, but have seen allot of tarpon. Saltwater fly fishing can be very challenging. Did you eat that trigger? I've heard they are delicious. Hogfish is one of my favorites on the table.

11 hours ago, Gavin said:

Looks like a good time! Have never fished for bonefish, but have seen allot of tarpon. Saltwater fly fishing can be very challenging. Did you eat that trigger? I've heard they are delicious. Hogfish is one of my favorites on the table.

No I threw it back.  Don't keep many fish, other than some redfish on occasion.

10 hours ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

Had my best one day trip on Grand Bahama in April about 20 years ago.  Northeast tip of the island.  9 fish biggest 8 pounds.  Left em bitin too.

You know it's gonna be good when the guides says "They're buttin heads to get that fly!"

That sounds like a life changing trip.  We stayed on the West End b/c some of the guys wanted to do more off-shore fishing.  I'd like to see the east end if, fingers crossed, I get to return.