Fly fishing this morning, Video

• Root Admin

Nothing real exciting... edited out a lot of dead time.  Did the best after the SD card filled up :( 

Lilleys Landing logo 150.jpg

Nice video,  Subtle to no movement at all on that flat water fishing any kind of a marabou under an indicator is for sure the ticket.  If you notice the way Phil shook  the rod and I call it shocking the indicator without really moving the fly toward you produces lots and lots of  strikes on calm water.

All I want to do is attract attention to the fly If your fishing a micro the hen hackle tail imparts lots of wiggle diggle even in flat no drift water, as does the marabou tail.

Really fun to watch.

And yes I guess the bears are back in Branson.  Couple of years ago there were multiple sightings and some damage to gardens and bee hives.  Did not hear a lot out of them last year except down on Bull Shoals they seem to see them with regularity.  Two different bears were spotted on the 30th.  Easy to tell from the color phases of the Black bear.  One was dark black and the other was a lighter chocolate or brown.

I broke out the fly rod this morning and caught 19 or 20 using a gold head olive micro jig that I tied up 2-3' beneath a float. Dad fished a brown micro with an orange head on spinning gear and was right there with me on numbers. Had the GoPro running so expect a video soon.

I have plenty of other fishing details to share as well, but I will make one big post with everything once I get back home.

A friend had a bear issue a couple weeks ago - lives in Reed Springs near 248.  She called MDC and they would not relocate it.  

FullSizeR2[1].jpg

FullSizeR6[1].jpg