Tearing them up

Jacob McIntosh

On 5/30/2018 at 10:03 PM, mzrealfish said:

Firetiger swim baits took the prize on most and biggest.  Quite a few in the 2 lb category and not many under 1 lb.  

I used the firetiger, white spinner, Ned with hi def craws 😁, senkos and a couple of other craw lures.  I cast way more than most of my fishing buddies so I out caught them about 2:1.  If I had stuck with the swim bait it probably would have been a much more successful trip. 

mzrealfish, I had read this thread awhile back and tried the bait below with some success based on your firetiger posts.  I am doing another float this weekend and was curious which firetiger swim baits you were using.

These are a 3" Charlie Brewer slider. I didn't know if the swimbaits you were using were that much larger. What type and size of hook/head do you use? 

3" Grub Chartreuse Black Flake/OrangeTail SBGF15

Those sliders look great!  With those I'd just use a a swimbait jig head.  I used to fish slider style all the time.  I guess it is time to get back to em.  Thanks

The swimbaits we were using were the 3 and 4 inch storm wild eye.

I didn't mention it the 1st post but red craw rattletrap caught some smallmouth as well.

Good luck out there.  I haven't floated since this trip and I don't think I'll be going any time soon.  I will have to live vicariously through you.

5 minutes ago, mzrealfish said:

Those sliders look great!  With those I'd just use a a swimbait jig head.  I used to fish slider style all the time.  I guess it is time to get back to em.  Thanks

The swimbaits we were using were the 3 and 4 inch storm wild eye.

I didn't mention it the 1st post but red craw rattletrap caught some smallmouth as well.

Good luck out there.  I haven't floated since this trip and I don't think I'll be going any time soon.  I will have to live vicariously through you.

Well that's unfortunate. Hopefully I can have a nice report for everyone. I plan to throw those Sliders on a 1/8 ball head, some different rooster tails (yellow is my got to), finesse jigs and Ned rigs. Not sure if I will mess with much topwater. The water is lower and moving less than any time I have been before so I might actually be able to work a spook this time. 

Do you remember what weight of swimbait head you used?