1990 Nitro/Tracker 180FS

Bet he sold it to oneshot!

I seen the new ride by text :) ,

BilletHead 

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

2 hours ago, Ketchup said:

whats the new boat?  Congrats on the sell. 

Thanks, I'm restoring an old classic.

IMG_20180612_124107179~2.jpg

And looking to replace a Chevy truck for under 10k, so if you know of a good one please let me know.   The old Fishwagon needs seat covers so I guess it's time to break up with her 😢

If I enjoyed restoring trucks 1/2 as much as I do boats then it would be a perfect candidate.  Always mechanically maintained and one heck of a truck, just getting too tired to trust for trips away from home.  She's more happy staying in the yard moving boats around until I run into someone with enough ambition to freshen her up.   Currently the G80 Locker rear-end is showing signs of wanting to explode (as they are known to do occasionally).

14 minutes ago, Harps said:

So the 'miraculous recovery' of the locker was short-lived?

It hasn't stayed locked up again, but I hear a slight howl at 30-40mph coming from the differential.   I don't trust it, and I can't be without a truck for several days right now.    The Suburban is worthless for moving boats around with.

51 minutes ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

I sold a Yukon with the same trouble back in 2013.  It had 240,000 on it and was nickel and dimeing me to death and when I started hearing that I got rid of it.

227k on this one, and for the last year or so it's been one little thing or another.  Can't complain because I've used this truck heavily for 15 years.  Never left me stranded or been stuck, and that sure ain't for a lack of trying.  It's towed everything from Bass boats to 46' barges.   

Truck shopping is bumming me out bad though.  Everything in my price range is high mileage, has too many doors, and has almost as many issues.  I'm sick of looking at buses with a box on the back.  Where are all the standard cab work trucks at?  🤔