Minn Kota Terrova

Hey everyone. I am just about to pull the trigger on a new Minn Kota Terrova. I am only working with 12 volts and I just don't have the room for a third battery in my battery well. So I have decided to stay  with 12 volts. That being said, does anyone have any first hand knowledge why I may not want to do this? Being a newer model, I am hoping some of the problems that I have read in older reviews have been worked out. Feedback would be welcomed. Thanks, Mike 

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity...... Or you could just flip a coin???B)

24 minutes ago, liphunter said:

Hey everyone. I am just about to pull the trigger on a new Minn Kota Terrova. I am only working with 12 volts and I just don't have the room for a third battery in my battery well. So I have decided to stay  with 12 volts. That being said, does anyone have any first hand knowledge why I may not want to do this? Being a newer model, I am hoping some of the problems that I have read in older reviews have been worked out. Feedback would be welcomed. Thanks, Mike 

I am kind of in the same boat as you (pun intended). I run two boats and use a quick disconnect so I can transfer trolling motors back and forth. My two boats are not large and i am not going into the type of waters where I need the larger motor. I run two batteries and in one boat have a place for a third but that is my jet and I want to keep it as light as possible. I want to as you say pull the trigger on the terrova but funds will not let me at this time. So to answer your question if you are running a smaller TM and you are happy you should be happy with the 12 volt system. I am. The other part I am not hearing too much complaining about the newer models. I hope someone will chime in about this part,

BilletHead 

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

• Members

I recently bought an Ulterra for my Crestliner TC17 and for the "wifes" new tritoon - Lowe SF212WT. Awesome TM. Best thing ever invented in my opinion. Mine is a 24v though. 80lb thrust. No shortage of power even with the tritoon. Bit overkill on the TC17 but it was already rigged for 24v. If your boats not too large i would think the 12v should be fine. Might be limited to how much wind you can be in. I got the HD quick disconnect mount and an extra puck from MK so i could use the TM on either boat. I wasnt buying two of them !! Fished three days straight without any charging of the batteries. No noticeable loss of power. Very impressed with the unit. Spotlock, auto pilot, etc... works great !! Anyone sees us on the lake and want to check out the TM or the boat just flag us down !!

IMG_20180501_161426 (640x480).jpg

IMG_20180501_161135 (480x640).jpg

IMG_20180501_161118 (480x640).jpg

IMG_20180424_134458 (640x480).jpg

IMG_20180424_134442 (640x480).jpg

IMG_20180412_191607 (800x600).jpg

Hey guys, Thanks for your thoughts and input. I'm using it on a Tracker PROTEAM 190 which is 19 ft tin boat. the original TM is a 45 lb MIN KOTA EDGE, and it does just fine. So I'm thinking the 55 lb Minn Kota Terrova Should work for me.

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity...... Or you could just flip a coin???B)

I had the older model 55 pound thrust on a tracker 185 sport jet with 12 volt system. Could get 4 solid hours of trolling 1.5 mph out of it. Upgraded to 80 pound 24 volt so I could troll longer. 

A Little Rain Won't Hurt Them Fish.....They're Already Wet!!

Visit my website at..

Ozark Trout Runners

gallery4a082cb0bdef6.jpg

22 hours ago, liphunter said:

Hey guys, Thanks for your thoughts and input. I'm using it on a Tracker PROTEAM 190 which is 19 ft tin boat. the original TM is a 45 lb MIN KOTA EDGE, and it does just fine. So I'm thinking the 55 lb Minn Kota Terrova Should work for me.

you can squeeze in a 3rd battery on  PT190 its just a really tight fit, if you are interested in upgrading to 24v

3 minutes ago, Smalls21 said:

you can squeeze in a 3rd battery on  PT190 its just a really tight fit, if you are interested in upgrading to 24v

Thanks, I will take a look at it. If I stay with 12v  I could at least increase the amp hours.