New Waters

rps

The wife and I are visiting our younger daughter in Savannah, Ga., a lovely city with many attractions and good restaurants. We are thinking of relocating to Georgia in a year or two to be nearer to one of the girls. (Rhode Island and Massachusetts, near the other daughter, are NOT options)

I drove up to Clarks Hill to check out the lake. The game fish population includes bass, stripers, and hybrids but no walleye.

Discovered the boat storage on the lake there is different. Instead of lifts in slips, people rent dry storage at the marina and call the marina to put the boat in the water and take it out to store. I need to find out whether that would involve tipping, either each time or annually like the country club or long-term lawn care.

Have any of you fished Clarks Hill? If so what did you think of the fishery?

If you can afford it, marina storage with a full-service contract is great.  You may get hit with occasional charges that truly weren't necessary, but the payoff of worry free boating is worth it to alot of people.  

8 hours ago, fishinwrench said:

If you can afford it, marina storage with a full-service contract is great.  You may get hit with occasional charges that truly weren't necessary, but the payoff of worry free boating is worth it to alot of people.  

Thank you, Wrench. Your knowledge fro LOZ is probably more applicable than the other members. I appreciate the comment.