eventful day

lmt out

Got on the lake very windy.  Fished for about 15 minuted let's turn back and go back through our spot and nothing. Uh oh trolling motor doesn't seem to be working.  Lift it out of the water no prop. Lol. The keeper but must have loosened or shear pin broke. Not sure.  Well after running all over the lake looking for a Prop finally found one at state park. Lesson learned always Cary a spare. Finally got back to fishing around 1:30 Fished till about 6:30.  Had 12 keeper walleye and 3 shorts. All keepers in the 17 to 18 inch range.   About 16 to 18 ft deep. Bottom bouncing.  Not a bad day after the rough start. Water temp right at 80.  Kept 2 for dinner rest r still there.

55 minutes ago, Bassin' fool said:

Out of curiosity, about how fast do you normally pull bottom bouncers? I’m really wanting to get into more walleye fishing this summer but not sure if I’ll be able to maintain speed with my trolling motor 

I usually try to stay at 1 to 1.1 mph.  The other thing I do is every so often I will drop my rod tip back a couple feet to pause my spinner when I pull back forward. A lot of times the fish will be on there.  It triggers the strike from fish following it.