Conservation agents.

bkbying89

7 hours ago, Daryk Campbell Sr said:

Same thing I was told by my parents.  "Just because you can't see us, we still see you".  Just trying to keep you honest.  

Mind control psychology from the dark ages.   That's how religion, and the Santa Claus story got started.  😀

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/15/2018 at 10:56 PM, fishinwrench said:

Mind control psychology from the dark ages.   That's how religion, and the Santa Claus story got started.  😀

It is comforting to come back to OAF after a long hiatus and see that fishinwrench is still coming in strong with the conspiracy theories.

I kid/mean no offense. Just good to see that things haven't changed too much. :)

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 9:44 AM, bkbying89 said:

Yes to both, There were two agents one from Dent and the other from Shanon counties. I would like to see more agents in the field but unless we have another bond issue adding onto the current 1/8 a cent tax I doubt we see any additions to the manpower in the near future.

Bill

IIRC, the 1/8 cent sales tax is for land acquisition only.  That's why some oppose it.  In theory, someday MDC will own all of Missouri.

Point of fact...the sales tax is NOT earmarked for land acquisition.  The Design for Conservation plan, which is still the blueprint for spending the money, called for as much land acquisition as possible in the early years and in key areas, but then called for using the money for maintenance of the land that was bought after a period of years that has long since passed.  MDC still takes advantage of opportunities to buy properties that they feel will be very valuable, but is no longer in an aggressive land acquisition phase.

3 hours ago, ozark trout fisher said:

It is comforting to come back to OAF after a long hiatus and see that fishinwrench is still coming in strong with the conspiracy theories.

I kid/mean no offense. Just good to see that things haven't changed too much. :)

No theory.   Sorry to be the one breaking it to ya, but Santa Claus is fictional.  There's better reasons to be a good boy than taking a chance that you might be given a lump of coal.  

On 6/15/2018 at 10:34 AM, Gavin said:

One agent per county is nothing. There are about 115 counties in Missouri and a 9-5 job is 2,080 hrs per year. Even if an agent spends half of their time doing enforcement activities its only 1020 hrs per year per county..They have plenty of money to spend on enforcement if they wanted to, but they do not.

Check with your local agent and see if thats the hours he puts in. 

Invite one to your yearly MSA bash the MDC meetings and grill him. Or her.

Chief Grey Bear

Living is dangerous to your health

Owner Ozark Fishing Expeditions

Co-Owner, Chief Executive Product Development Team Jerm Werm

Executive Pro Staff Team Agnew

Executive Pro Staff Paul Dallas Productions

Executive Pro Staff Team Heddon, River Division

Chief Primary Consultant Missouri Smallmouth Alliance

Executive Vice President Ronnie Moore Outdoors

13 hours ago, fishinwrench said:

No theory.   Sorry to be the one breaking it to ya, but Santa Claus is fictional.  There's better reasons to be a good boy than taking a chance that you might be given a lump of coal.  

Dang it, and that was really the only thing that was keeping me going at this point. 

I got checked a few weeks back at Crane Creek, of all places.  

Great Conservation Agent, professional, interesting discussion, and some good fishing tips exchanged.  

Realized that he had hiked the trail maybe a mile from the Swinging Bridge parking lot to observe me wade fishing downstream, but waited until I fished my way back up to the lot before interrupting my solitude.  

After checking my license, asked me to show him the empty beer can he had seen me drinking earlier.  Happened to have a fishing vest full of recovered cans, plastic bottles, styrofoam worm containers, and even a  can of carburetor cleaner - plus a freshly emptied Busch can !

Glad to have them out visible and helping us protect our treasures.

On 7/7/2018 at 8:27 PM, 2sheds said:

I got checked a few weeks back at Crane Creek, of all places.  

Great Conservation Agent, professional, interesting discussion, and some good fishing tips exchanged.  

Realized that he had hiked the trail maybe a mile from the Swinging Bridge parking lot to observe me wade fishing downstream, but waited until I fished my way back up to the lot before interrupting my solitude.  

After checking my license, asked me to show him the empty beer can he had seen me drinking earlier.  Happened to have a fishing vest full of recovered cans, plastic bottles, styrofoam worm containers, and even a  can of carburetor cleaner - plus a freshly emptied Busch can !

Glad to have them out visible and helping us protect our treasures.

I've only been checked once in Missouri, while fishing the tailwater below Mark Twain Lake a few years back. We ended up talking about various natural resources nerd-related things for about an hour afterwards. Ended up realizing I'd been in a couple college classes with the guy but somehow we didn't recognize each other.

I cannot say it was a traumatizing experience, lol.

1 hour ago, ozark trout fisher said:

I've only been checked once in Missouri, while fishing the tailwater below Mark Twain Lake a few years back. We ended up talking about various natural resources nerd-related things for about an hour afterwards. Ended up realizing I'd been in a couple college classes with the guy but somehow we didn't recognize each other.

I cannot say it was a traumatizing experience, lol.

how was the fishing in that tailwater?  is that a cold water fishery?