Lyric's heard wrong

KLiK

• Members

Had this discussion with a few friends in regards to song lyrics we misunderstood the first time, or maybe even for several years. Interested to know what others you all may have misheard. 

For several years I thought the lyrics in A Country Boy Can Survive went, "We can skin a buck or run a truck line" instead of "trot line." It wasn't until my mid 20's that I realized this.😄

Another was "Fool for the City", first time I swore he was saying the T word for a womans chest. 🤣

~Klay

Creedence Clear water revivial "... there's a bathroom on the right." instead of there's a bad moon on the rise.

Jimi Hendrix "..'scuse me while I kiss this guy!" instead of excuse me while I kiss the sky.

Elton John's ".. she's got electric boobs" instead of boots.

• Members
57 minutes ago, Johnsfolly said:

Creedence Clear water revivial "... there's a bathroom on the right." instead of there's a bad moon on the rise.

Jimi Hendrix "..'scuse me while I kiss this guy!" instead of excuse me while I kiss the sky.

Elton John's ".. she's got electric boobs" instead of boots.

There's not a bathroom on the right? 🤣

~Klay

• Members
6 minutes ago, Gavin said:

Blinded by the light. Sounds like Douche instead Duce. Stupid song written by Springsteen. 

Ha ha, no doubt! Blinded by the light are the only words I understand in that song!

~Klay

Douche song is Manford Man.

The rest of you played the music too loud and confused the earholes in your head

Driving along on many fishing trips, I always like to add my own version.  Prince, When Doves Fry.  Stevie Nicks, Like a One Wing Dove, Flopping around with a busted wing while shes singing.  My favorite, in honor of Poot my Grandson.  ELO with the line Hooty Hoo in Don't Bring Me Down, I always made it Pooty Poo.  And they are not saying Bruce, its Brroosh or something else.

"Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously."

Hunter S. Thompson

1 hour ago, Terrierman said:

I used to think Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds was a drug song.

And what part of LSD did it not refer too?

I had a gay science teacher that really misread that tune, but I can't remember the reference and his mis interp of it was.

Nope, wrong song, same teacher.  It was the song The Girl with Colitis goes By.  Missed the Kalidoscope Eyes part, still a drug ref or a little girls pic.

"Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously."

Hunter S. Thompson