Duane is all right !!!!!

Phil@loz

• Members

My girlfriend and I finally decided it’s time to go to Alaska. From following reports on this site we picked Naknek River Camp as the place to go. Knowing so little about what we were getting into we thought it would be a good idea to book a trout trip with Duane and try and learn as much as we could. One of the best decisions we could have made. We learned a ton. Duane is so eager and enthusiastic and friendly about helping others catch fish ! And we had a really pleasant morning of fishing. Have only been guided a very few times but this was by far the best. Felt like we had gone fishing with one our buddies. Then yesterday I came back down to visit with Duane some more. His generous sharing of his knowledge AND lures/flies for there just astounds me. Very very kind ! On a big first trip like this I would typically get pretty anxious about what I need, taking all the right stuff, etc. But I don’t for this trip anymore. I feel comfortable and confident everything will work out fantastic due entirely to Duane’s coaching. Can’t say this enough. THANK YOU. We can’t wait to go! 

2EFF8A4A-6F89-49CF-952C-A8AE75644129.jpeg

51 minutes ago, Phil@loz said:

My girlfriend and I finally decided it’s time to go to Alaska. From following reports on this site we picked Naknek River Camp as the place to go. Knowing so little about what we were getting into we thought it would be a good idea to book a trout trip with Duane and try and learn as much as we could. One of the best decisions we could have made. We learned a ton. Duane is so eager and enthusiastic and friendly about helping others catch fish ! And we had a really pleasant morning of fishing. Have only been guided a very few times but this was by far the best. Felt like we had gone fishing with one our buddies. Then yesterday I came back down to visit with Duane some more. His generous sharing of his knowledge AND lures/flies for there just astounds me. Very very kind ! On a big first trip like this I would typically get pretty anxious about what I need, taking all the right stuff, etc. But I don’t for this trip anymore. I feel comfortable and confident everything will work out fantastic due entirely to Duane’s coaching. Can’t say this enough. THANK YOU. We can’t wait to go! 

2EFF8A4A-6F89-49CF-952C-A8AE75644129.jpeg

Phil,

You are just reinforcing what many of us already know :) ,

BilletHead

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

Agreed, he is wonderful, kind and helpful.  2 mins with him and you feel like you have been friends forever.  One year we rented a boat from lilleys for 2 days.  we ran out of white jigs and lilleys was sold out.  we casually mentioned it to Duane as we left the first day.  Came back to get in the boat on day 2 and there set a pile if white jigs on the seat waiting for us on day 2.  He helped me a ton with fly fishing questions and baits a couple weeks ago as well.  Just a great person!

He really is just an awesome guy!  Have had the pleasure of fishing with him, and I spend more time trying to watch and learn than fish  (and hanging onto the seat cushions, but that's a different story :)). 

One heck of a fisherman, a heck of a woodsman, a heck of a woodworker and carpenter, and a great person to spend a day with.  Can't forget to mention the comedic efforts as well.  If you don't crack a smile or two when you're around him you're doing it wrong!  :)

See ya soon Mr. Doty!

I have only hung out with Duane at jigfest and have to agree with most of the compliments being paid to him. I would love to actually fish with in the future and get to confirm the other compliments😁.