First Post- Dam Area

SupremeJCK

• Members

Hello everyone. Im Connor, the younger brother of abkeenan. Brett usually takes care of our fishing report but he was not able to make it down for the 4th this year so I figured this was a good time to introduce myself and make my first post.

Started off in the mornings around 6:30 am on our usual main lake point topwater spot. Right off the bat LM were coming up and chasing shad. It seemed the best way to get a bite was to wait and put your bait in the middle of the chase. Most of my fish were caught on an Evergreen SB but im sure they would of hit on whatever you prefer. The topwater bite seemed to shut off around 9am so we moved to some docks. I picked up one more nice SM on a Nutech Grass Jig before heading in with the boat traffic picking up.

For the night fishing, it is in full swing like Bo said. I got out once from midnight to 1:00am and fished a row of docks in Beardsley and ended up with 2 solid LM, also on the Nutech. My uncle was with me and caught a couple K and SM on a brown worm.

Thank you to everyone who shares info and here are some pics from my trip

IMG_1021.JPEG

IMG_3282.JPG

IMG_3279.JPG

IMG_3298.JPG

This post has been promoted to an article

Good job!

Definitely the better looking one..........

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."  George Carlin

"The only money ever wasted is money never spent."  Me.

i was glad to see some largemouth.  they just seem to be scarce in the dam area.  places that have produced largemouth for me over the years just seem to have only brownies and kentuckies.  but, there is nothing wrong with catching a bunch of 3 lb. brownies for sure.

bo

Connor, thanks for the information and great pictures. Are you now in charge of the fee jar on the dock with the green roof?

Mike