Mouse bite

mbkwrh

• Members

The night bite with mice is really starting to pick up, last night caught this nice one.  I fish the mouse a lot and pretty much this time of year is all I will throw at night. You will not catch a lot but you will catch quality fish just as this one. Put the boat in around 9pm fished the fall out caught this toad around 12:30am took out around 2am.

79358128-52BF-46FE-A1FE-C5603832FDE1.jpeg

1 hour ago, mbkwrh said:

The night bite with mice is really starting to pick up, last night caught this nice one.  I fish the mouse a lot and pretty much this time of year is all I will throw at night. You will not catch a lot but you will catch quality fish just as this one. Put the boat in around 9pm fished the fall out caught this toad around 12:30am took out around 2am.

79358128-52BF-46FE-A1FE-C5603832FDE1.jpeg

That is a beast of a brown trout! Congrats! I have thought about using a mouse fly on the Current at night.

One of the guys here in Maryland caught a 30 inch brown on a mouse fly. I also knew a guy that would tie a hook to a live mouse, put it on a Styrofoam raft and send it out for bass. Once it got out far enough he would jerk the mouse off of the raft. Not sure how legal that was at the time. Certainly would not be a PETA approved bait. Don't ask me about cats :unsure:.

20 minutes ago, Johnsfolly said:

That is a beast of a brown trout! Congrats! I have thought about using a mouse fly on the Current at night.

One of the guys here in Maryland caught a 30 inch brown on a mouse fly. I also knew a guy that would tie a hook to a live mouse, put it on a Styrofoam raft and send it out for bass. Once it got out far enough he would jerk the mouse off of the raft. Not sure how legal that was at the time. Certainly would not be a PETA approved bait. Don't ask me about cats :unsure:.

John,

Ask you about Cats? So are you tying a hook to a kitten, floating it out on a raft, tugging it off and catching record dogfish? 😀. Tell Livie this is an old dad joke,

BilletHead

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

13 minutes ago, BilletHead said:

John,

Ask you about Cats? So are you tying a hook to a kitten, floating it out on a raft, tugging it off and catching record dogfish? 😀. Tell Livie this is an old dad joke,

BilletHead

I never verified this, but an old friend said that his dad and buddies would take small cats and fish for tiger sharks in the Gulf of Mexico off of Texas coast.

8 minutes ago, Johnsfolly said:

I never verified this, but an old friend said that his dad and buddies would take small cats and fish for tiger sharks in the Gulf of Mexico off of Texas coast.

Hey Mr. Scientist isn't there a dogfish shark? 

BilletHead

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

3 minutes ago, BilletHead said:

Hey Mr. Scientist isn't there a dogfish shark? 

BilletHead

Yes there are at least 20 species of dogfish (Squalus) species. The one that I would like to catch is the spiny dogfish. 

• Members

I fish a lot mice patterns and have a lot of success with them. You just got to keep throwing them don’t give up or it will never happen. It’s all about quality over quantity and last Saturday night I had 10 browns over 20” floating  from the state park to Gaston’s on the White. IMO I would rather catch a couple big ones than 100 stockers. 

Btw love the mouse story that’s some funny💩