Tragic Event

SplitG2

Unbelievably tragic.  Just watched a video from Springfield News-Leader that was pretty horrific and should not be published.  This happened right in front of many people on the Branson Belle as they dined.  As others have said, some poor decisions were made.  Probably not the right time to point fingers.  Just to pray for everyone affected.

This is a very tragic event. We will pray for everyone affected. I can see this from my deck and there are still recovery operations going on now. 

Mike

So many questions that need to be answered on this tragic accident. Why did they even venture out? Why weren't they wearing PDFs when the water started rolling? Are those boats even CG approved? I say that last one because I thought all boats had to have flotation in them where they will still stay somewhat afloat? Either way it is tragic and prayers have been sent out to those involved.

"you can always beat the keeper, but you can never beat the post"

There are only three things in life that are certain : death, taxes, and the wind blowing at Capps Creek!

Tragic event. My heartfelt condolences to the victims and their families/friends, I can't even begin to imagine this happening to one of my loved ones.

That said, there seems to be a lot of speculation going on, and questions being asked. I'll reserve my opinions until the investigation is completed and all the facts are presented.

As fishermen and boaters, life jackets, cell phones with radar/weather warn and check the weather prior to getting in the boat. Make it second nature. 

If a storm is coming in and you know it, don't always think you have to get to the trailer during the storm. Find a dock, a deep pocket to tuck into (did that in a CPA tourney years ago) or beach it as a last resort. The facts will come out, but we can learn and adjust our practices in the aftermath of this tragic event.  God bless the victims, families and first responders.

The whole thing is bothering me badly.  The fact that there are 2 operators on the boat with cell phones, there is communication with the home base.  They were on top of a giant mountain that you can see for miles and miles not 10 minutes before they got in the water.  Last but not least the cell phone video from inside the duck that made it to shore showed them by the Belle and it shows 4 people in the video and none with life jackets on.  I'm just broken hearted today.