OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
duckydoty

Painting jerkbaits for big trout

34 minutes ago, Gavin said:

Brownie man passed on a long time ago, but he was a very good trout fisherman here's a pick of his tackle box.

Brownie Man's Tackle Box

Looks a lot like my brown trout tackle box :D. I'm having a hard time finding the original F9 and F11 floating Rapalas. I really like the wood more so than plastics with rattles. Also like to touch them up a bit.

After - 2017.jpg

4 hours ago, Gavin said:

Brownie man passed on a long time ago, but he was a very good trout fisherman here's a pick of his tackle box.

Brownie Man's Tackle Box

Yep, that's the guy.  

Silver/Chart. back.  Only because it allowed him to see it at all times.   

Great thread- so much to be learned about what works and what doesn't from guys who do it all the time.  When you go 3-4x a year it takes forever to get this knowledge.  Two weeks from today I will be back, time is dragging........

Working on the parr mark stencils now.  Laying a melted sheet of plastic over the lure body was not an easy task that I’m pretty sure left at least one blistered finger.

F1DFB5C0-5324-44F1-A6A0-D792D7D70D78.jpeg

1AE0F172-917B-42B4-BF62-9BB5E7E6AD56.jpeg

1st attempt at a juvenile rainbow.  I like the way the parr marks came out.  Gill plates are a little harsh.  I got a little carried away with the dots and did not heat set them, so they smeared just a tad when applying epoxy coat.  Did not cover bill because it was a sacrificial blank I had been cutting stencils out on.

7403A2B2-D72E-4F45-A358-D50581B20057.jpeg

Also, another tip....... Do not heat set paint through a plastic stencil that you just spent an hour making with a paint stripping heat gun.  Use a hair dryer on low heat😖