Painting jerkbaits for big trout

duckydoty

I have been looking at some Utoob videos on vacuum forming stencil forms. Very interesting. Wife is a graphic designer so all I  will have to do is create a pattern for one side and she can make the mirrored image for the other.  Transfer those to the molded stencils, then some magic can happen.  

A Little Rain Won't Hurt Them Fish.....They're Already Wet!!

Visit my website at..

Ozark Trout Runners

gallery4a082cb0bdef6.jpg

I like where the stencil idea is going!  Especially when these hit the OAF market and are traded like precious metals! :)  I have a few baits with some guys MH initials on them... They get used, but I've said it before I'll prolly tear up a bit when I inevitably lose them LOL.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10156579213309158&id=79399114157

Hope this video comes through.  I’m a lot happier with these guys!

Visit my website at..

Ozark Trout Runners

gallery4a082cb0bdef6.jpg

Still learning a few lessons.  Stippling dots worked great!  Apply parr marks first then paint rest of body to tone down marks.  Thin gill plate rose highlights very thin and apply sparingly.  Just got some KBS Diamond Coat as a top coat and I’m anxiously awaiting trials on that for top coat but did not want to chance it on these.  Just now getting comfortable with BSI slow cure epoxy.

here is a still just Incase video did not work on previous post.

F48D9197-D15A-472D-A8FA-8D953A981CC4.jpeg

Visit my website at..

Ozark Trout Runners

gallery4a082cb0bdef6.jpg

Another tip.  I picked up some Crank Wraps before I committed to painting the blanks. They are stick on vinyl wraps like for a vehicle only a lot smaller.  They worked great for cutting stencils out of.  Stick to lure, spray, peel off and put back on sticker sheet till ready to use again. Very easy to cut and place on lure blank.

Visit my website at..

Ozark Trout Runners

gallery4a082cb0bdef6.jpg

1 hour ago, duckydoty said:

Still learning a few lessons.  Stippling dots worked great!  Apply parr marks first then paint rest of body to tone down marks.  Thin gill plate rose highlights very thin and apply sparingly.  Just got some KBS Diamond Coat as a top coat and I’m anxiously awaiting trials on that for top coat but did not want to chance it on these.  Just now getting comfortable with BSI slow cure epoxy.

here is a still just Incase video did not work on previous post.

F48D9197-D15A-472D-A8FA-8D953A981CC4.jpeg

Those look great!! Glad the stippling worked for you.

John

• Members

Those look awesome DD.  I have purchased 75% of what I need to start painting plugs and such, but it seems like quite a task that could almost be an obsession so I have put it off really getting started.

Hats off to you, those look great, especially for a first run!  Do you have to paint blanks only or could you take a megabass plug and strip/repaint?  I have a bunch of duplicates...

1 hour ago, cracklebak said:

Those look awesome DD.  I have purchased 75% of what I need to start painting plugs and such, but it seems like quite a task that could almost be an obsession so I have put it off really getting started.

Hats off to you, those look great, especially for a first run!  Do you have to paint blanks only or could you take a megabass plug and strip/repaint?  I have a bunch of duplicates...

I would imagine you could lightly sand and repaint 

Visit my website at..

Ozark Trout Runners

gallery4a082cb0bdef6.jpg